// s i n g u l a r i t y //

Hi everyone

This is my last personal project after a while, nothing fancy, just an excuse to play with a character and some lighting.

I hope you like it!

Software used:

-Blender
-Zbrush
-Marvelous designer
-Substance Painter
-Photoshop

Rendered in Cycles

Full project link:

Behance:
https://www.behance.net/gallery/110327081/-S-I-N-G-U-L-A-R-I-T-Y-
Artstation:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/kDBGx0

Sketchfab viewer:

61 Likes

Really nice, subtle and understated, muted tones, but completely awesome. It’s got that ghost in the shell look with the wires, but more surreal and less cybery. Is ‘Singularity’ a known book or movie, or just is a title for the work?

Hi Photox, thank you for the appreciation!

Yes, there is a Ghost in the shell sorta vibe, but I’ve actually used as reference some images from one of my favorite artists, Andrew Thomas Huang.

“Singularity” it’s just a title for the project, for some projects I like to use title of songs that inspired me during the concept process, in this case Singularity by Jon Hopkins.

3 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

WoW class work :slightly_smiling_face:
This will be interesting movie, game…book. Love this kind of work. In fact almost all your work have such surreal feeling.

1 Like

Thank you bartv!

1 Like

Thanks alekba, glad you liked it :slight_smile:

An man of absolute taste :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Great to see this up top, definitely belongs there!

I didn’t realize you did that charcter with the brown cloak, blank facemask/breathing tube. I have that in one of my inspiration folders, that thing haunts my soul, really powerful!

I didn’t know if you might talk a little about the creation process or about what the piece means to you. The way I interpret it is about deep desires, similar to the cliche ‘The heart wants it wants’ and that force gently, slowly overcomes even the natural power of gravity. But I have no idea! it could be the antithesis of Dali’s wooden legs on a sleeping person, in which sleep was an unlikely state balanced perfectly, but here the dream is all freeing and the wires must hold it back. The cliffs and (driftwood?) remind of backgrounds from several Dali’s too. But that could be a coincidence. I’d love to hear more about the piece.

1 Like

Hi Photox, I’m really glad you liked it!

Probably you’re referring to “breathless”, in this case, instead of all the eaten project characters, there isn’t a story or a specific concept behind.

I’m happy to talk about it, I hope just too not make it seems to much pretentious :slight_smile:

In this case I was just playing for fun with a simple character after months of commissioned models, the basic idea started from some inspiration from Huang’s works and other artists I like.

I wanted just to contrast the girl with a more realistic fashion (maybe I’ve seen too much Madmen lately) with that “creature” that controls her with that wires that starts from the floating eye, like a sorta of an independent creature itself.

I like to see how other people see different inspiration from my work, for example someone on instagram said the inspiration was Death Stranding, and even if I’m a Kojima fan I really don’t use it as a reference, in fact I don’t even played that game yet or I’m particularly interested.

Anyway I’m always happy to see other people that liked or at least are interested in my doodles :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, interesting. I love a piece that leaves plenty of room for interpretation but isn’t too abstract. Also a huge fan of Mad Men, I recently finished watching the series a second time (quarantine baby!) and it’s even better, as the show has tons of foreshadowing especially regarding Don’s secret. Tons of great art value too in the wardrobes and the actual art department in the show. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

how do you make the picture look kind of grany ? looks really good and gives that ultra hd impression :slight_smile:

Hi Engie, it’s just a simple film grain image added in Photoshop with an overlay :slight_smile: