S U P E R C H A R G E D | update 10/06 | pg 2

This is an idea that stevet came up with before siggraph and he and i finally got around to finishing it. it is our submission for the Suzanne Awards as well.

hope you like
http://www.o9studios.com/gallery/supercharged_post.jpg

“blender: yeah, its like that”

good image - liquid looks very good. maybe less glow.

yep. idea and is great, modelling texturing etc too… the rendering quality is not the best possible, sadly. the noise and… allaround blurryness kind of kills it… so I cannot say awesome :slight_smile:

.b

I agree with Basse. A bit better render quality would make that a great picture.

wha?? better quality render? I think they meant to make it look the way it does. It looks GOOD to me! Love the idea and the design. You should get the GOLD!

Very nice modeling and detail, I like the liquid as well.

/me echos basse_

I have to echo basse here as well.

Excellent modelling though. Very nice indeed. The liquid is fantastic.

Now, onto more technical aspects. The blender has absolutley no way of working based on this engine design. I understand that this is not supposed to be too realistic. But you have the blender located on the top of the intake manifold. There is no way a big block engine like this will have the crank shaft pointing straight up through the top of the enigne block and through the pushrods, rockers, etc. You should have this motor sitting in some sort of a support frame with the back of the motor pointing straight up. Then have the blender connected to the crank shaft, the way it should be.

BgDM

It’s very good. I think an improvement, though, would be to, for the most part, crop off the pipes on the right. I think it would be better balanced that way and have a more solid feel to it.

I think that blender is supposed to be the fuel, cant say much else since its already been said except that subdivision(curve of mesh) level of spark plug wires(?), the black ones.

Grimreaper echos basse.

Now, onto more technical aspects. The blender has absolutley no way of working based on this engine design. I understand that this is not supposed to be too realistic. But you have the blender located on the top of the intake manifold. There is no way a big block engine like this will have the crank shaft pointing straight up through the top of the enigne block and through the pushrods, rockers, etc. You should have this motor sitting in some sort of a support frame with the back of the motor pointing straight up. Then have the blender connected to the crank shaft, the way it should be.

Who cares? :o

Honestly, its just an idea. Of course it is fiction. Its like saying:

“But petrol isn’t that colour and it sits in a fuel tank. Not a blender.”

It doesn’t exist. What we are supposed to relize is that there is a sick looking engine and that “Blender” is powering it. :slight_smile:

Looks awesome. Just ease up on the glow, and thats it. :smiley:

I thought the blender contained fuel too…

but whatever, it looks cool, despite the noise.

Very good modeling there, and I also like the liquid.
I also think it would be better if it were less blury.

Overall, good job! :slight_smile:

Mystery

Did you render that with Yafray? ANYWAY, THE LIQUID LOOKS AWESOME!

VROOM!!!

updated render…

http://www.o9studios.com/gallery/supercharged_post2.jpg

NICE!

Even better! :wink:

That looks really good, what did you use to model the liquid?

hey I don’t understand why everyone keeps wanting you to tone down the glow? I think the glow adds to the picture. I like it a lot. It makes me think of the “blengine” as a still from someone’s dream. Or maybe the blurriness of the picture is someone saw this at an auto show and got all teary eyed and we’re seeing it from their perspective? I just think the glow and blurriness look GOOD with this picture.