Sagedread Unlimited's - Anomaly >> 4th month project update

Very impressive models! i like the style allready. and i cant wait to see them ingame.

WOW! Those models are super impressive! Awesome job!

very nice texturing

Thanks alot guys!

dude, i just have to say itt, you have a fantastic sense for details!

We have added a new gameplay feature, explosions! Here is a live preview of the explosions feature.
stc=1&d=1229970975http://sagedread.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/explo.jpg
Click on image to see the high quality video

Please tell me what you guys think!

There’s no image… will you be entering in the game competition?

Ok well…the image is there now. lol thankis for telling me. And yes, we are going to enter in the game competition.

I wonder if we’ll be able to sell this when it’s done. Hey if anyone here is any good at playing an instrument you should totally check out our forums! On the other hand, do it anyway!

I play piano and guitar =D I’m not free though/

hey guys. what you think of the latest revision of the main character?
We basically added dirt to his clothes, and made him more detailed.

We have just released a new video demonstrating the new GUI we have put into the game. We have also added a few other features as well such as more SFX and zooming.
<< Click to veiw the video >>
I am also very proud to announce that a beta gameplay demo is being released january 5th!
Feedback and criticism is always welcome!

Looks great so far guys. One thing I must say though is you must implement normal maps! If this is going to be your final character (or if it has roughly the same amount of verts as the final character), you have way too many faces to have this work correctly in the game engine. Of course, if this character’ll be mainly (or only) used in cinematics he’ll work just fine :smiley:

-Funddevi

Well, he is going to be mostly for cinematics. and…umm…he does have normal maps. Im not sure if they are applied in this render because it was rendered in either zbrush or lightwave ( i didnt make it, my character modeller newhere did ). But anyways thanks for your support!

Ahh, okay, just last I heard there weren’t any normal maps, so good job implementing them in!

Hehe. He looks asian. evil grin KUTGW!

I am pretty good at writing with garage band, if you need music.

also, this looks awesome. :smiley:

hey ! Nice model ! Keep on working on it ! I would recommend you to bake into a lower character resolution 2K for example, your character. Blender is not suited to hi poly meshes.
Because if you keep going you’ll have to port your game to another engine.

Anyway this is a really good job keep it up.

yeah, the game looks pretty good so far, but im a little bit worried about the poly counte.
7000 is a bit mych for a single enemy, dont you think?

8,000 polys is fine for a cutscene character, the BGE can handle more than most people give it credit for.

And if that is the main character for a fps then ‘in game’ all you need is the arms and maybe the legs.

But, if you guys wanted to convert a high poly character to a low poly one, i would suggest using the retopo tool to draw the new mesh on the old model, then bake the normals from the high poly to the low.

if done right the results are amazing…