Fountain in the woods

Hi everyone,
this is my reconstruction of the Saint Anne fountain, by Gösting Castle in Graz (Austria), a very special place. The path that leads to the fountain is very suggestive, nestled in the forest. The fountain was built in 1964, as written on the plate, on the base of the old fountain that drew from the present stream and from which, in turn, the residents of the castle a few meters away, now partially in ruins, have drawn for centuries.

I realized the model by myself, as well as other models in the asset and used also Vegetation 4 and Grass Essential to give a realistic feeling mix. Reshaped and retextured almost everything.
Made also a short video animation to emphatize the fluid simulation. For this, apart from the numerous tests, and after tweaking a bit the parameters, I found that the APIC simultation method gave much better results than the default FLIP (even using this with a low flip ratio), this to have a much less splashy behaviour, ideal for small streams and fountains.

Used Blender 2.93 and Cycles

Some more shots with details and the video also on artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/lRVbxz

Enjoy!

16 Likes

:+1:
Great work, congrats.

1 Like

Thanks man!

1 Like

Very atmospheric ! :ok_hand:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks a lot Bart! much appreciated :heart: