In this test I’m using small sized planes as particles, instead of cubes. Is there a better primitive to use?
- in the first third of the video the particles on the hand do an odd spinning in place movement, then act as I thought they should towards the end.
- When the particles collide with the block they shoot off at the velocity they collide at. (you’ll see the sticking on the back of the block, that I tried to use to control this as the hand moves through the block.)
- there is also a particle system on the block which starts about 30 frames in and it is shooting out it’s particles in blocky spinning chunks as well.
- You’ll also see the hand verts at the end floating up top. It has a translucent material. I did this because I couldn’t figure out how to make only the particles render and not the polys, so I placed the hand polys off the screen before I rendered, leaving the particles in the shape.
- Also, can I have a force (wind) only effect certain particle systems. I tried and it seems to effect all the same.