Sandisk Extreme SSD

Hey !

This is the 9th week of my 52 weeks challenge where I try to model something new every week for a year, and post it on Instagram (to have some kind of positive pressure).

I never tried posting elsewhere so here it is, hope you’ll enjoy.

Let me know what you think.

12 Likes

If that’s only 9th week, I can’t wait to see the masterpiece on the 52nd.

1 Like

Ahahah thanks, I actually started doing some 3D stuff around june 2019, doing little stuff here and there, but it’s only week 9 of the challenge ! Glad you like it ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Seriously, for a small simple piece like this, the model itself and attention to detail and the composition are excellent. Is the background also modeled or is it a texture?

Oh, and, welcome to BA!

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve been keeping an eye on the website for a long time but decided it was time to create an account !

The ground is a simple texture. It was actually the first time I tried to render something a bit more “complete” with a real composition etc… I was usually only posting a quick render of the model itself with no composition at all. Looks way better that way !

Well, it works :slight_smile: Scale is conveyed, focus is driven, subject looks real and gritty (so, handled, as if someone really put it there). Good stuff.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Wow, i’ve been admiring these compilations almost every week for more than a year. Awesome, thanks a lot !

1 Like

Hey, I actually made the model available on gumroad : https://gumroad.com/l/SandiskSSD

Mainly for “learning” or observation purposes, but you can use the model in any way you want.

1 Like