Save Blender Fund

Would you be willing to give say somewhere between $10-$20 to NAN to save Blender?
Curious if Blenderheads would be willing or not?

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

This could be a minimum I could do for NAN, but why not just buy a creator licence at a logical price…

Stamatis

The only thing is I am not sure the rest of the blender community would be so giving. Jan said he sold $30,000 a year in manuals and I about fell over considering the size of the Blender Community that is rediculous. They get over 2 million page views and over 250,000 registered Blender Users. I am not sure that enough people would even give $10 USD to save NAN Blender.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

P.S. Kind of makes me sick really!

I would be willing to contribute. I don’t know how Ton can work this into a business plan though. So many things about Blender & NaN are unusual.

This idea had been posted on the Blender.nl forums before,… however NaN was not interested in accepting donations.

I think right now the best thing to do is wait untill NaN comes with a press release on their situation and their future.

NaN is very busy atm to restructure the company so just wait and see what happens.

Greets,
Timothy

Well I was just trying to see how popular the idea would be to see if it would work at all. NAN would have to ask for the donations. I do not want to handle any money.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

they could always punch up a creator license of some sort that would allow people to buy 2.25 for the animation features and leave off the “Publisher” capablities. That would get the same effect, without the strange process of going “Help! We need money however we can get it! Please donate to a buisness in need.”

It would be kinda strange for a for-profit organization asking for donations.

I like stephen2002’s idea. I don’t have much money and I can’t pay for a publisher license, esecially since I don’t care much about the interactive capabilities, but I would be willing to pay something for just the animation/modeling/etc. abilities. From all the other posts like this that were posted on the Blender forums I think a lot of other people feel the same way.

Goo

I like stephen2002’s idea. I don’t have much money and I can’t pay for a publisher license, esecially since I don’t care much about the interactive capabilities, but I would be willing to pay something for just the animation/modeling/etc. abilities

I don’t know why I’m constantly suprised be people saying this.

What makes you think that a non-free version with the game engine ripped out would cost that much less that you would be able to afford it? I’ve got a feeling if NAN did this, people would bitch about the price anyway and come up with other lame excuses to not pay anything.

Publisher is just like the c-key.

maybe we can do something like “Trick Or Treat for UNICEF”

I would love to buy Buy Creator 2.25 but I am not sure if they have the man power left to do it with. Mandrake is asking for donations and they are a profit orgainization. People are giving them money too. Just wondering if this community would.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

I posted a similar question about donations, suggesting the use of PayPal, etc, and got the same response. Myself, I can never manage to save up enough money to buy anything over $200 because frankly my wife and I have enough bills that a sum of that amount would just best be put to shaving off our debts.

But, as bad as it may make me sound as a financial wizard, I would have no problem putting in $10 every month as a subscriber to Blender’s service, even if this meant a contract over some time period.

I mean, hey… That’s more money than I would have been able to give otherwise, but over a year alone, I would have put in enough that I could pitch in the rest with much less worry.

I hope they decide to consider it. The higher fees could be charged for active technical support, maybe, or some promotional tie-ins.

Vania Smrkovski
[email protected]