Save Multiple Animations of Same Model?

Hey everyone,

I’m new to this forum and having been steadily making my way through learning Blender. I’m currently working on animating a 3D logo and I’d like to try a different animation with the same logo model. Is there any way to save/store different versions of the animation (aka sets of keyframes) within Blender (without rendering different versions)?

To be clear, I’d like to be able to work on one style of animating the logo, then “hide” that one and work on another, while staying the same .blend file.

Thanks!

I think so, if you open the ipo window, then where it has shows the name click the double arrows and select “add new” it will make a duplicate ipo. I’ve seen a button that saves an ipo even if it’s not linked to any object right next to the name.

Hope that helps.
Welcome to blenderartists!

thanks a LOT! That was exactly what I needed to know! You just sold me on using this forum!

I’ve gone through the Blender: Noob to Pro wiki already, and I’m planning to get the Essentials book, but in the meantime, do you know any good, thorough tutorial sets, preferably animation and lighting?

Thanks again minifig!

You’re welcome.
Glad I could help. :slight_smile:
(No, I don’t know any tutorials. Sorry:()