python script error: check console

then the console says:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “<string>”, line 136, in bevent
File “<string>”, line 250, in UV_Export
ValueError: math domain error

any help will be appreciated

‘import site’ failed; use -v for traceback

Means that Blender cannot find your Python 2.4 install. If you have downloaded and installed Python 2.4 [ www.python.org ] then you need to set your Python Path. There is a sticky thread at the top of this forum about how to do it.

%<

Thanks. I set my python path and now blender starts up normal whithout any errors. But I am still getting the python errors when I go to save a uv face layout.

Could you please Copy and Paste the console, error message here?

%<

Could you please Copy and Paste the console, error message here?

Using Python version 2.4
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “<string>”, line 136, in bevent
File “<string>”, line 250, in UV_Export
ValueError: math domain error

I have no idea what ‘math domain error’ means. It sounds more like a problem with your installation of Python than a problem with the Math Module.

%<

Is there anything special you have to do to get python installed properly? I just went to python website and downloaded the installer program and ran it. Then after you told me to, I set my python path. I have now tried two different versions of python: both 2.4.0.1 and also the newest one: 2.4.2
each time I made sure that the path I set was relative to the correct folder names and such. I can’t remember but I may have also tried python version 2.0. You probably already know this but the file that both errors are referring to is uv_export.py
My blender version is 2.40
Any help will be greatly apreciated!

I’m using py.2.4.2 and Bl.2.40 and tested the script and it works for me. Your best bet is to PM stiv with all the details or point him to this thread.

%<

I guess it was just a problem with my pariticular uv face layout. I tried a simpler one and the export worked. Did I mention that I’m new to Blender? Thanks for the help anyway.

It is not an installation problem. A domain error means the argument to a function is out of range. For example, taking the square root of a negative number throws a domain error exception. Also, certain trig functions only produce valid output for a given input range.

Really short explanation: You are feeding bad data into a function.

Thanks for that.

%<