Saving files as bmp files for second life

Hi,

I’m a newbie so excuse the simple question.
Can someone tell me how I can save my work as myobject.bmp, so that I can use it in second life. At the the moment I can only save as myobject.blend.

Hello
your question denotes some confusion…
BMP is an image file format but .BLEND is “internal” Blender file format!
In other words, you make an object/scene in Blender, save your work as “My_Object.blend”, then do a “render” and save the resulting image as “My_Object.bmp” or JPG or PNG or whatever!
If you want to “import” your Blender made object in Second Life, you’ll need a Blender script I guess?!
Bye

render button looks like a regular camera, not a movie camera, under output tell it what kind, and where u want to render. to render press f 12

Just in case there are other Second Life users that use this forum I am going to answer my own question.
Inorder to get a 3d object into second life you have to create a sculty map which is a 2 dimensional file. You can do this by downloading some software called Jass-2 from the following web site.
http://blog.machinimatrix.org/3d-creation/jass-2-1/

Jass-2 (Just another sculptie studio)

You didnt state where you are saving them from; the net? camera? scanner? If saving from the net, try clearing your internet cache under Tools/Internet Settings. IF from a scanner, there is usually a setting that you can change for the default file type when scanning. Your camera is probably similar but I havent seen a camera save in bmp format, but some might.