Saving, selling and sharing your Blender Games!

i thought this was how it worked too?

thats why all my scripts are external .py files so can easily know where the source code is.

any visual .blend data is yours to license.

this is just an odd question but couldn’t you just in the game sripts import ‘your script’ as script…and just run code this way? or would it still be required to bundle it…if it is required at all…

TBH: I don’t see a lot of gamers even going down this path of downloading the source etc…I’m 99% sure that no one would even care unless you are making bullshit claims that you wrote the engine etc…

I also thought you did not have to include the source, but a link to the source.

this is just an odd question but couldn’t you just in the game sripts import ‘your script’ as script…and just run code this way? or would it still be required to bundle it…if it is required at all…

Was thinking about it as well, but if you think outside the box, no you can’t. Why? you import your script into the gpl script, your script(s) is/becomes part of that script and it Requires the bge module to run thus it becomes gpl. But that is how i think about it, i could be wrong.

so as a summery, any method mentioned in this thread is available right?
ian i just need to decide which and put up in mind what will happen if i chose one?

Messages from the past week did not came over from old forum, so here is my message again.

Can I license .blend files myself?
Yes. The output of Blender, in the form of .blend files, is considered program output, and the sole copyright of the user. The .blend file format only stores data definitions.
In case you embed the .blend file with Python scripts, and the scripts provide bindings to other libraries or facilities, the next topic applies.

What about Add-ons or my Python scripts?
If you share or publish Python scripts – if they use the Blender API calls – have to be made available compliant to the GNU GPL as well.

Source: https://www.blender.org/support/faq/

What are those API’s?

Game Engine Modules
Game Types (bge.types)
Game Logic (bge.logic)
Rasterizer (bge.render)
Video Texture (bge.texture)
Game Keys (bge.events)
Physics Constraints (bge.constraints)
Application Data (bge.app)

Source: https://docs.blender.org/api/2.79/#api-info