Scale in x & y...but not z

Hey guys,

Pretty simple question. I’m trying to scale a cylinder so that the radius of the tube increases, but the cylinder itself stays the same length. I know that by pressing x and then scaling and the y and scaling i can achieve this…but is there a way to scale by 2 axis (only) at the same time?

Cheers,
James

I honestly don’t know, looking for an answer here too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup, this is a litle pain in the ass.
Here what works for me. Hit N so you can see the Height of the Cylinder (Transform Properties).
Scale it on all axis, and type the old Z-Size value into the field.

If you apply size and rotation ahead then you simply can scale the Z-Size to 1.000.

Press S then Shift+Z

2 Likes

Thanks for all the replies guys.

I guess its one of those things you can get buy without…but would make things slightly easier if you could do it.

phlip, i tried your method, and its exactly what i need.

Thanks again everyone,
James

I guess its one of those things you can get buy without…but would make things slightly easier if you could do it.

Phlip just told you how!!

Press S then Shift+Z

GreyBeard

Thanks for that tip phlip.

phlip, i tried your method, and its exactly what i need.

chill out greybeard… i know he did.

I like your tutorials, but maybe you should read a post properly before you start shouting at people.

Hi!

Thank you for the Shift-Axis trick! I didn’t know.

There is also an other method:

You can use the Transform Properties panel and lock the axis that you don’t want to resize.

Then, just hit S and it is done!

This is interesting if you have to apply the same threatment to several objects.

Philippe.

Learnd something new today!
Thank`s Guys!

Same here :smiley: like said before, i just got by without it but now it will make those scaling operations a bit quicker and easier :wink: thanks guys

THIS IS AMAZING! Works a charm, thank you.