Scale with modifiers. Free addon for Blender 2.8+

It’s done. You can download a new version on Github.

Now i’m working on more flexible variant of the “crtl+ L, link modifiers” and the copy attributes addon.
I added a new Unify modifiers operator. It used to equal the modifiers size and it respects the scale of objects.
I want to add support of copying others modifers attributes, not only the size. With link modifiers/copy attributes you can’t use it with objects with diifferent modifiers stack. With “Scale with modifiers” you can.
There are another way to equal modifiers attributes. Press Alt on attribute and set it on every object. It is not flexible enouth too. It respects only the names of modifers and nobody is naming it.
Scale with modifiers respects the position of modifiers.
For example you have 2 objects. First contains: mirror, bevel, solidify, bevel, weld. Second: solidify, bevel. And you can copy the solidify and bevel from the second object to the first. And the second bevel on the first object will be affected.

4 Likes

Cool, thanks! :+1:

I have made a new video. It’s a bit messy. I think I failed to explane all clearly, but you can download the demo file and play with it.

3 Likes

And I forget. For now, looks like this is the only way to copy bevel profiles in Blender.

1 Like

Hi! What do you mean? I think you can apply rotation with modifiers without issues.

I’ve been really liking this addon but ran into a bit of an issue when using it for bevel modifiers.

When using a bevel modifier with the width Type set to percent, using the addon will alter the width percent amount (such as changing the width percent amount from 100% to 33% if you scale your object down to a third and run your addon) and in doing so, changes the shape of the object. It works great when the width type is set to offset or width, but ideally when set to percent, it would leave the width percent amount alone in order to preserve the shape. Hope that makes sense. I can upload some example pictures otherwise if it doesn’t.

Thanks for making this in any case. It saves a lot of time and makes applying scale to objects much easier.

Hello! I’ve fixed this. Feel free to download a new version.

1 Like