Scandinavian interior

I have never got paid 1000 euros for a single archiviz job - it is the same here, i have to do a lot of jobs to earn some money. With a single 970 I have previews in 15-20 minutes, finals in around 60 mins each. I don’t do highres and I don’t care much about the noise.

You can quickly benefit from spending money on hardware but there is no direct benefit from donating to BF (except the bugfixing support if you use it). Donating is donating, not investment.

Actually I do not use any pirated software commercialy. I believe that when you are making money with a software, you should pay for it (that is why I also donate to BF). Of course I don’t use Autodesk and Adobe products (can’t afford them).

It does cost the same here. 6000 / 15 = 400

Really nice lighting and materials, but way too much noise, my clients wouldn’t except these.
Render time, even for this resolution, is a lot for GPU and too much noise visible.
I would also like to see photon mapping as a option, just for static renders, but I see that will not happen. In Houdini it speeds up render times significantly for interiors in combination with path tracing.

Maybe portal light build could speedup renders?

Very nicely done. It looks inviting and comfortable. I love you level of details that make it feel lived in.

One of the most photorealistic scenes I’ve seen in a long time. Świetna robota!

Did you change the light in this scene? It has not the same feel as in the rendering in the first post.

Could you show a raw rendering in addition? I am curious about what Cycles was only able to produce and what you did in post-pro. That’s an area I sometimes struggle with.

That bear alone is a good reason enough to give you five stars.

Wonderfull lighting. Very realistic. I like the bears also ^^

nice render
but is the book in picture 1 too big?

Nice photo realistic render, OP. This is what inspires me to keep doing my project.

Just beautiful work, i’m impressed! :wink:

Great work, i follow your work every since I saw chocofur.

I’m concerned about grain in cycles. I’ve worked in 3ds with Corona and trying work on my own with Blender - Cycles and I feel it’s going to be tough. More or less corona can do this kind of stuff in 2/3 hr with less grain.
How much ram it took to make this view? Recently graphic card ram limit gives me a lot of trouble.
I think my gtx 780Ti with only 3gb couldn’t do both interior and exterior (like yours) and I probably would have to use render layers.
Beside grain one thing caught my eye and it’s curtain, with everything so detailed it could be somehow more “soft” - i can’t find a word, but more textile feeling.
rgds

Grain seems to really be an issue - with enough GPU you can manage it but I am not sure if the should be the way to do. I feel there is still a practical short coming in Cycles for certain scene specifically interior.

Great job! But the lighting of the stairs looks odd, something looks out of place.

Hey everyone, thanks for your comments and appreciation, I really didn’t expect THIS much of a positive response…

@SunBurn and @maraCZ: good you’re bring up the Arch Viz topic. I really wanted to answer here but I’m afraid my comment would be WAY too long. Anyway, I’ve started writing an article on how from my perspective, Cycles is usable in professional working environment. Just stay tuned, I’ll post an update when it’s done.

@razjel and @cekuhnen: I’ve worked on the scene a bit more, mainly focusing on the exterior view optimization. The whole scene uses now only around 1.5 GB GPU memory and takes exactly 4 hours to render on a single GTX 970 in 1600 x 1100 resolution. That’s 4000 samples and you can see the results below (slight post production applied). I’ve also added area lights which significantly reduced the noise in white and shadowed areas.

Since I got few inquires if it would be possible to share the scene, I’ve decided to make it available through my chocofur store. You can find the product link below, the scene includes 18 chocofur models and all you can see in general. I had to make sure I’m not using any external assets so some single objects were replaced (trees, bushes and the paper gab in front). Hope you like the new look and will find the scene it useful!

http://store.chocofur.com/interior-scene-01

@everyone else: once again thank’s for commenting :slight_smile:

since when was France in scandinavia? Scandinavia is Norway Sweeden Iceland Finland and Denmark…

@Lechu: Looking forward to read the article! Please let us know here when it is finished.

@finalbarrage: it is scandinavian STYLE interior…

@Lechu: I’m also looking forward for your article. I’ve read all your other “House Breukelen” tutorials and i’m must admit that they were more than helpful.

It really looks nice, one of the most photorealistic render in Cycles I’ve seen. Using portal lights and adaptive sampling would definitely have helped with the grain in your first renders, you could divide these render times by 2 easily.

I agree render times are rather long, but people should remember that working with Cycles is very interactive, more than any other renderer (except maybe a couple, that are not free). I rather prefer to spend little time tweaking my shaders and then let the machine render at night than the opposite. Computer hours doesn’t costs the same as man hours, and can work during night.

@Lechu: 1,5Gb that’s pretty good, I’m working on interior right now so we will see how that will turned out, and of course looking forward to your article.
@chafouin: You’re right if work can go this smoothly.
Most of the time you need three or more img, time is always an issue.
Lets say we have proportion in render time - cycles 1:3 to some other commercial render. So if img render 2-4h (about 1750x2480px) on commercial and 6 to even 12h with cycles. Conclusion is the faster you work, more orders you can take, in result you earn more money, that makes commercial renders competitive to free (great) but significantly slower Cycles.