Scatter 🌱 - The Scattering Tool of blender 2.8

Proxify will now have automatic proxy generation,
for all you lazy blenderer who don’t want to create your own proxies :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i think it was asked to me a while back with the old proxy system

6 Likes

Update

new biome for Season1

12 Likes

Is Season1 available on the blendermarket already?

1 Like

I can’t remember if I saw you mention it before, but will each season be a paid update or will it be free to existing customers.

1 Like

Is Season1 available on the blendermarket already?

28th this february

I can’t remember if I saw you mention it before, but will each season be a paid update or will it be free to existing customers.

Nah i’ll stay at a steady 60$, no plan to change it right now
as long as i can pay my bills in the end of the day i’m happy :slight_smile:

i just need to find a way to reach more customers, which is not evident.

2 Likes

YES!!! You’ve earned a nice big fat delicious slice of :pizza: and a pint of :beer:… Thanks bro!

1 Like

Named tutorials would at least direct searches to your way

Example: Blender 2.83 - Scatter - mowed stripes? and like even if its repeating these great vids you have already done, some random may be searching right now that how do you do mowed stripes :man_shrugging:t2:

well thanks for the idea i like it very much

also note that the model cluster size is relatively small, so it will look way cleaner on borders, @dimitarsp asked for some clear border biome in the past, well here we go

i just need to find a way to reach more customers, which is not evident.

True i need to invest more time into youtube.
i’d like to do collaborations with well known youtube channel too. Just got a youtuber this end of the month making a cool tutorial.

3 Likes

No biggie if not, but is there going to be any way to make stripes curved at all (like in the example)? What are controls currently, stripe-width and direction? Just curious.

no it’s a simple procedural texture
but unless other solution out there, the node tree is totally under the user control
if you want to tweak the shader go ahead

1 Like

Can images be used to drive this?

In other words, are procedurals rasterized inside the shader before being used? Back in my LightWave/Octane days, you could use any LW procedural (and there are many) in Octane so long as it was rasterized first. Really curious about this…

Would you not be able to use the curves to mesh addon and seperate by selection and material, to make the curved grass rows with the 2 grass variations? I have not tried it. Maybe someone knows.

The same grass is in the alternating rows. I changed the roughness value from 0 to 1 in one of the alternating rows. The HDR is Chocofur’s HDR 03 and the grass is Real Grass. I seperated the selction and then applied the grass to alternating rows.

Is there going to be a point cloud option? I see that you’ve made an add on called proxify. Will that be built into scatterer?

1 Like

Is there going to be a point cloud option?

Yes we are working hard on point cloud, surprise coming in a month or more

I see that you’ve made an add on called proxify.

proxify is the old proxy system of Scatter, now universal and free for everyone. i just split the old system and made it available for free, Proxify is a full feature from scatter, and will be packed with it, incorporated within scatter Ui

1 Like

oh nice! Point cloud would make it powerful. How about slope? Unless there’s already a texture node for slope like Maya’s snow node?

thanks for the response. You’re doing great work!

1 Like

got an idea for slope, unfortunately, blender will make it really difficult :frowning: the current state of the texture editor is deplorable

thanks for the response. You’re doing great work!

prepping some marketing content.

11 Likes

if you can get the slope to work and pointcloud, I don’t see why everyone wouldn’t use it. I’m getting my environment dmp department to start using your script because it’s super artist friendly. Instead of having to learn clarisse, and houdini solaris’s scattering. GPU rendering is possible in blender (once redshift comes woohoo) and it’s not as a big of a learning curve like houdini. And once USD comes with blender. Game over.

1 Like

Thanks !

Houdini and clarisse are still far superior in term of cutting edge features and performance compared to blender imo. Especially performance vs Clarisse.

In terms of features and content sure, but there’s a ton of marketing needed in order to reach the audience, unfortunately

Update

Graswald and Scatter will be totally compatible with Season1 Update

7 Likes