Scatter 🌱

This tool looks so good! Totally gonna buy it :smiley:

1 Like

Hi. Is it is possible to generate for each scatter group (e.g. 300 trees) 300 emptys who hold the transformation (position, rotation, and scaling).
This 300 emptys should be parented under an empty with the group name.

This would allow to use your scatter output in Unity and Unreal and open further markets.)

e.g HighEnd Use case.

In unity the tree could be gpu instanced with one click.
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/gpu-instancer-117566

Your proxys would allow max overkill realtime dxr raytracing because i can realtime raytrace GI, Shadows and AO against the invisible proxys whats very performant.
Here some realtime dxr raytracing with 50fps+.

The only thing needed is an exportable empty with transformation per object.

Under this emptys i would manually place the
tree with 3LODS and the proxy from the tree in Unity or Unreal and run the GPU instancing.

1 Like

maybe for later. not in plan for this release. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Next Update Spoilers:

final

isn’t that super cool ? it feels like a brand new addon :smiley:

13 Likes

would you guys like that instead of having the terrain as active every time you just have to choose him inside of an object pointer like this ?

Annotation%202019-10-12%20231127

• Yes i’d like to choose my terrain once with a pointer and change it when needed.
  • No i’d prefer having the Terrain as an Active object ?

0 voters

1 Like

This is amazing. I’ll definitely buy it.

I’m also interested in a Graswald integration, perhaps using their low poly grass and what not.

On a sidenote, I love the font. I used it for my old band many years ago :wink:

1 Like

I’d like to point other thing. Once you select terrain with this, you don’t have to keep it selected in the viewer, which makes it work much, much faster (remember the lags caused by selection overlay with many particles?).

So that should be default after all.

1 Like

Same for the scattered objects, I think it would be easier to pick the different objects that are part of the scatter. You have then a list of objects you can change later on. And you should have a list of scatters also, so you can select your particular scatter and change it objects.

1 Like

Same for the scattered objects

already incorporated. its a tab called “Particles Collection”

I’m also interested in a Graswald integration

i’ll see that when i’m working on the “Scatter assets” either i do an operator that detect every preset dedicated to X assets in the data base, or i create an asset manager that automatically scatter whole biomes (or both)

This is all the Main preset shipped with the addon. any suggestion ? i’ll do one more with user based image texture.

Preset Name : array_face_z_normal

array_face_z_normal

Preset Name : array_vert_random

array_vert_random

Preset Name : cluster_grass_arbitrary

cluster_grass_arbitrary

Preset Name : cluster_grass_l

cluster_grass_l

Preset Name : cluster_grass_m

cluster_grass_m

Preset Name : cluster_grass_s

cluster_grass_s

Preset Name : cluster_grass_z_normal

cluster_grass_z_normal

Preset Name : cluster_plant_m

cluster_plant_m

Preset Name : cluster_plant_s

cluster_plant_s

Preset Name : cluster_wood_dense

cluster_wood_dense

Preset Name : cluster_wood_l_duo

cluster_wood_l_duo

Preset Name : cluster_wood_m

cluster_wood_m

Preset Name : cluster_wood_z_normal

cluster_wood_z_normal

Preset Name : simple

simple

Preset Name : simple_children

simple_children

Preset Name : simple_dense

simple_dense

Preset Name : simple_z_normal

simple_z_normal

Preset Name : array_face

array_face

Preset Name : array_face_texture

array_face_texture

8 Likes

Hi,
Are you planning on adding to the presets example of the boolean and spline driven?

Cheers,
Juan

Hello Juan

Boolean, camera clipping and other are operators that you need to execute yourself. or it can be done automatically when toggling "detect curve and auto execute " in the selection radar.

UPDATE V1.14

• The boolean tab is reworked and now look like the painting tab. it’s more coherent now.

• New preview system and new presets.

https://twitter.com/dorianborremans/status/1183098320518074368

• You can now add or substract weight in the painting tab. Really easy. (little union/intesect icon)

• The Selection radar is better, with automatic camera clipping and boolean set up if you want to.

Annotation%202019-10-14%20233340

• The terrain is now asigned with a pointer property instead of always being the active object.

if you use scatter since the beginning you will need some time to adapt. i still have the reflex to have the terrain as the active obj every time. but trust be it’s way better this way. + UI is really clear.

fixed the low origin tool, the code was kind of bs, now it’s proper.

also particles optimi can now batch the selection. the show/hide viewport will only affect the active tho.

Scatter_V1_14_V2.py (256.9 KB)
Presets_V2.rar (520.9 KB)

You’ll need to install the preset directly in the import export folder. and click on the refresh icon and debug icon right after. it’s mandatory to use the addon with my presets. Please do ( you can always delete some, overwrite, change icon, change new preset icon, ect…)

Can i have some humble testers to try it out ? p

report bugs ? UI-UX feedback ?
or just playing around with the addon, with some simple scenes.

i know that there’s no manual yet, but it’s great as it’s a way to find if thing’s aren’t intuitive as possible.
also i don’t even know if the addon work on mac nor linux, i really need some testers. i suspect that the save preset (as creating a new custom one) operator will crash on mac/linux.
The terrain pointer rework was huge. i had to change thousands of lines.

7 Likes

Is there a option if you want to disable the use off modifier stack if this needed ( Preset setting )

preference and info is this working with Blender 2.82 /2.81

1 Like

fixed. it was just inatention. edit: now fixed

Is there a option if you want to disable the use off modifier stack if this needed ( Preset setting )

didn’t understood ? sorry

With particles you can enable use the modifier stack or not , i can adjust this manual , but can i make a preset for this

And i’m not sure how the import export / preset work , do you have a example how this works

see above the gif in the

1 Like

particles low position works fine , but turn 90 degrees is not working like with one off the older version , can you check this again

Works fine 90 turn and Particles Low postion ,Sorry my mistake