Geo-Scatter - 5.4 Scatter Groups

Yes, basically select a group with a bunch of objects as child and click scatter so the group will be scattered as one object. Right now you would have to move everything in a collection which is also ok and works as you’ve described but i do not like collections and work with groups :expressionless:

Well blender group instancing only works with collection, so creating a collection is quite a requirement :thinking: I’ll add an option in the “Creation-Options” tab so ti will create collections automatically :slight_smile:

Ok. That sounds good, thanks. Looking forward to the new build!

Hi @BD3D

is it possible to install the biomes for this beta? I have tried to copy the folders from the scatter 4 in this folder: AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\data\scatter library_biomes_ , but is not working so far.

Cheers!
Pato

Nope, no biomes yet for the beta :slight_smile: We are currently working on the fundamentals, adding core features before reworking the biomes

1 Like

Here’s a post I wanted to share in this group.
A project where Scatter is well used:

16 Likes

Hi, you said it was possible to vertex paint wind strength on our plant models? How do I do this?

Hi

Nope never said that :slight_smile:
What I said is that it’s possible to paint wind strength on your emitter with a vertex-group mask, meaning that some area can have stronger wind than others.

Scatter do not interact with your instances geometry, this goes outside of a scattering plugin reach

Ahh I misunderstood.

Thought I would share a WIP of my project using scatter - this is all with the beta and I loooove the beta compared to 4.

8 Likes

okay beta 2.93 and beta scatter5,(no risk no fun)
unfortunately i can’t save the scattersetup anymore,
if i load a scene with scatter5setup i see the particle,
if i save this scene the particle/instances are no longer visible,
the just saved scene has now no particles anymore.
is there a way to activate this again?!

Hello

Weird, could you share a file?
did you open the saved file in an older blender version?

i still had an earlier version,
unfortunately the same behavior

Scatter don’t delete any assets,
could you transfer me a file representative of your problem?

just for your information!
it was not due to the scatter-addon
the problem is caused by the grasswald-addon(at least the problem arises when it is installed)

1 Like

will we get clean borders with scatter 5? like forest pack.

1 Like

Such feature is already on my to-do list. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

News

Open Beta V3 will be released in a few days, introducing a new powerful scattering workflow

https://twitter.com/_BD3D/status/1398685295684554753

9 Likes

Here’s a little tease

https://twitter.com/_BD3D/status/1400134129136672776

Premiere is already set up on youtube

expect two video on that day, one to overview the workflow, another to show all features

17 Likes

WOUAH, crazy fine tuning in perspective!

1 Like