Scatter5 Open Beta

Hey

I’m sorry, when I conceived Scatter I didn’t though about complete blender beginner, when you don’t see a lot of explanations on the docs that’s because I didn’t think it was necessary. For example, I got a lot of complaints of users that don’t understand how to paint blender vertex-group or users that don’t know how to work with blender scene unit or how to apply an object scale.

Rest assure, beginner-friendly tutorials will be a great focus for the next release, there are already beginner-friendly tuts available for the current beta on YouTube.

Cheers

2 Likes

Ok I’ll keep developping ont 2.93 LTS until we have a clear idea of what 3.0 will look like.

And this is the main reason we only work with LTS versions.
Too much is changing too quickly all the time, breaking things left, right, up and down.

And the devs often divert from their original plans as well, adding to the madness… :wink:

Yeah and I agree

But it would be a bit ridiculous to release a new plug-in for it being incompatible with newly released version two months later :sweat_smile:

We’ll see how it goes

1 Like

Dear Dorian, i want to abuse your plugin for some mograph stuff. We already have possibility to scatter at vertices - possible to scatter at polygon center and edge center?

Also i wonder if it is possible with geometry nodes under the hood to have kind of falloff options to eg. scale/rotate/move via falloff object? (similar what mograph has for c4d https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ADC3dwW7Q&ab_channel=c4dUK)

2 Likes

Yup that’s in Plan
polygon center already available for Beta next release

Also i wonder if it is possible with geometry nodes under the hood to have kind of falloff options to eg. scale/rotate/move via falloff object?

Yeah there’s plans for this :slight_smile: + next release will have vertex-group masks slots a bit everywhere so that leaves a lot of possibilities

2 Likes