Scatter5 Open Beta

Are you talking about Scatter4 or Scatter5 ?
Are the other Pc’s using 2.93?

Yes there’s an export to instance operator available in the extra panel, in the “export” category

yes both pcs are using 2.93 and im using scatter 5

when i try to export this is whats happening

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this issue
i just fixed it :slight_smile:

This error was coming from the “export as json” operator i suppose
this operator is to export a “json” text file, useful for other developers or gamedevs
so that’s not the one you want to use

what you want to use is this operator

( Name will change upon release )

I will append instances in a new export collection

So when I try to open the file in other pc the particle system is not there …I mean like nothing is visible in the other pc …any ways to export these?

yes both pcs are using 2.93 and im using scatter 5

This is very strange.

Scatter5 will create a geometry node modifier in your scene,
the only reason I see that the instances are not visible upon opening the scene in another computer is that the blender versions differs.

is there any error messages on the console?

1 Like

ahh sorry man just checked it was using another version of blender

1 Like

Very good and fast to use. Simple interface. Good work guy’s!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Andrea!

1 Like

Sorry I don’t know where else to go for help. I purchased the JungleScapes add-on for scatter4 and every single biome results in an error message when I try to scatter.

Is there a way to fix this? I need to deliver a render in an hour.

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\accar\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\Scatter\core\sc_c_manager_exec.py", line 48, in execute
    bpy.ops.script.python_file_run(filepath=script_path)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 132, in __call__
    ret = _op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Error: Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\accar\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\Scatter Library\__biomes__\ts_cocos_nucifera.py", line 7, in <module>
    bpy.ops.scatter.execute_layer(
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 132, in __call__
RuntimeError: Error: Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\accar\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\Scatter\core\sc_c_manager_exec.py", line 142, in execute
    bpy.ops.script.python_file_run(filepath=origin_p)
RuntimeError: Error: Python: OSError: Python file "C:\Users\accar\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\Scatter Library\array_face.py" could not be opened: No such file or directory

location: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py:132

location: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py:132

Also all previous biomes get overwritten when I installed the Junglescapes Add-on

Hello

This is a known issue
i left a note for this issue in Scatter downloads

2.93 no longer supports the old way of installing a biome package ( installing a .zip file like a plug-in.)
Unfortunately, in 2.93, .zip files will now overwrite and remove existing folder instead of adding on top. To avoid the issue, 2.93 users will needs to unzip the Terrascape biomes pack “manually” in their Scatter Library location.

Rest assure all this is fixed in Scatter5 with a brand new packaging system and we are currently converting Terrascape S4 pack to be available for S5. Vertical Scapes is already available

2 Likes

Ahh I missed that note! Thanks for explaining. I ended up getting around the problem by just importing the Junglescape assets and manually scattering them. Looking forward to Scatter5!

Indeed
using Scatter presets is also a viable solution :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Sorry for the inconveniences, 2.93 is a bit of a weird transition release. Both for addon dev and blender dev

I AM IN LOVE
i am loving scatter 5 it’s great and has a bunch of featurs wich makes scattering sooooo much easier stuff like Gscatter exsist but this is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much bether.
loving it.

2 Likes