Geo-Scatter - 5.4 Scatter Groups

What about eevee ?
i think i’ll spend time taking care of the eevee version of materials

4 Likes

Dorian, if, when you say “wootchip”, you mean mulch (what we call here in the US), then by all means, yes, please have wootchips. I have my own PBR mulches I’ve made with displacements and everything, and those work great for my stuff, but having some as an option in Scatter would rock, for sure.

This is mulch (hopefully wootchip too):

3 Likes

Do you know yet when it will be up on Gumroad? Thanks.
Will be having much fun with Scatter! :slight_smile:

In germany we also say “Rindenmulch”, which basically would translate 1:1 to “bark mulch”

1 Like

no i meant wood debirs, little branch and such, i will include your idea in an future gravel / stone pack.

Do you know yet when it will be up on Gumroad? Thanks.
Will be having much fun with Scatter! :slight_smile:

In germany we also say “Rindenmulch”, which basically would translate 1:1 to “bark mulch”

29 december, i got an 1 month exclusivity deal with the BM

4 Likes

I would suggest some pebbles to go along with the “wootchip” when I also thought you were talking about mulch, but I guess this will come when you make your stone pack. Personally I would have more use for pebbles and mulch than debris, but that’s just me.

2 Likes

I think patched grass don’t work well with slopes or its just my lack of knowledge.

Last time I made 50cm x 50cm patch and tried to scatter it on sharp edge curve and because of patch grass look weird.
Is there any workaround for this?

BTW scatter is awesome I purchased it couple of days ago and I am loving it.

Is it possible to create your own proxies (of existing models) en distribute them with scatter?If yes, what is the maximum verts per model? Or is that depending on pc specs?

Trees would be awesome, as well as pebbles/gravel. What about bushes (0.5 - 2 mtrs high)?

yes, tutorial on the proxy system this week

Or is that depending on pc specs?

Th goal of the proxies is that they are at the lowest vertex count as possible, to gain performance.
right now for grass it’s kind of useless, but for trees it will be a game changer. i just need to create some tree layers

2 Likes

The -25% of Scatter is still up for a week (until Sunday 23:59 Central Time)
This is the last chance to get an 15$ reduction (with the code “LAUNCH”)

2 Likes

My opinion of trees is that there are more than enough trees generators to get all the tree models one might want, but there is never enough saplings and leaves to populate those…

Also, broken trees and stumps, with moss or mushrooms, are a must for a realistic forest and are way rarer than tree models.

using grass patches (50x50cm)

Pro:

• easy to tweak distribution
  • easy to get a photorealistic distribution (large scale wise)
  • super optimized for computers, even old ones
  • easily distribute on large surface

Cons:

• problems at borders
  • problems on too angular surfaces

Using grass in little patch (5x5cm)

Pro:

• cleaner borders
  • no problem on too angular surface
  • Great for close up

Cons:

• Hard to tweak distribution
  • Hard to get a photorealistic distribution (large scale wise)
  • Super Problematic for computers (if non close up) as too many particles will kill blender
  • hard for distributing on large surface

How about 2 presets one for large scale scatter. something like 50cm x 50cm and one for medium or small scale like 10cm x 10cm ?

Yeah a meadow biome with small 10x10cl patches will be done for the part 02 of B01

1 Like

I think that forest will be next
with some ferns ect…

just send me renders, products, photos

1 Like

What do you need? Reference material? I’ll try to take pictures next time I go for a walk to the forest :ok_hand:

Also, I can share with you a photoscanned stump I did not long ago and do more if you want.

1 Like

Hi,

It will be perfect if it can work with the grove 3d!
maybe some partnership same as graswald?
That would be awesome.

1 Like

Meh, could be cool but our addons and merchandise practice aren’t the same

1. there’s no way to scatter an object containing a particle system
  2. The grove sells tree generator, what i would sell is the tree itself, for Sybren, selling independent tree pack wouldn’t make much sense

By the way guys, sorry for my horrible typo, i have just too much to do, i’d much prefer going for a quick and maybe sometimes dirty response while being attentive to the community then continue working

1 Like

I got it,
I was meaning the collaboration to make them work together, but for what you said in point 1 its impossible… a pity.

This weekend BA banner :eyes:

See how you guys leaving a nice comment is helping !!
thanks a lot to the 6 reviewers! you guys are amazing!

4 Likes