SceneCity ⛫

procedural
architecture
add-ons
commercial
(ParallelMayhem) #1221

Wow, this is incredible.
It’s also pretty neat to be able to see how the addon has progressed since it’s creation.
Good job man, I love your work.

(Arnaud Couturier) #1222

Thank you :slight_smile: More stuff is on the way!

2 Likes
(FutureHack) #1223

Congratulations on the release of SceneCity 1.3. Any word on Blender 2.8 Addon compatibility? EEVEE compatible shading?

(Arnaud Couturier) #1224

Thank you :slight_smile:
I’ll port SceneCity to 2.8 and EEVEE yes. I can’t say when but as soon as it’s possible. Last I saw it wasn’t possible yet, about a month ago. I’ll post news about it.

2 Likes
(bhoot) #1225

Here’s to give a bit of more encouragement to prioritize 2.8 support. I just bought this and I am liking it so far. However I have gotten used to 2.8 and it’s a bummer to have to switch back to the dated interface just to use such a nice tool.

Anyway, what I mean to say is keep up the good work and can’t wait to see it ported over!

2 Likes
(Arnaud Couturier) #1226

Thanks :slight_smile: I hear you. I’ll start porting to 2.8 ASAP!

3 Likes
(cet77) #1227

Love it… :slight_smile: Actually reinstalled my ubuntu now, and haven’t installed 2.79 at all yet… just 2.8. :slight_smile: Maybe i don’t need 2.79 more. xD

Anyways, keep up the good work!

(bhoot) #1228

Thank you so much! Can’t wait to try it out

(Redfirm) #1229

just hearing about this now omg. this is great. ill def grab it once its released for 2.8

(Arnaud Couturier) #1230

I’m on it, should be ready for the end of this month :slight_smile:

3 Likes
(cet77) #1231

That is awesome. :smiley:

1 Like
(Arnaud Couturier) #1232

Updating of SceneCity to Blender 2.8 is going well :slightly_smiling_face: I’ve been delayed by side work and 2.8 is so different under the hood I also had to learn all the new ins. I hope they won’t make such big changes again before several years.

5 Likes
(EddieChristian) #1233

I was just looking to see if you posted any timeline for the 2.8 release. This is one of the major plugins I am looking forward to use in 2.8. :slight_smile:

1 Like
(Marco Chacon) #1234

I’m working with this now–and it’s amazing. The 2.80 upgrade will be much appreciated.

Right now I am trying to figure out how to get curved roads to conform to a specific set of roads (black lines) I am trying to emulate. HC-roads-black .

I realize the image there might not be all that suitable and can clean it up–but right now I can’t figure out how to tell the system to use it.

(Arnaud Couturier) #1235

@ChristianVFX
I wanted to release it much sooner, but I’ve been side-tracked by work. I’m still on it though! Very likely this month! Then I’ll have to move forward and add much needed features.

@Marco_Chacon
I just replied to your email :slight_smile:

2 Likes
(Fumiki Nakao) #1236

“SceneCity building” was created by the following three steps.

1. Import library of roads and buildings in active layers
  2. Place roads in 3d scene
  3. Place buildings along along roads

I have a question about exporting to Unity.
I’m trying to export all the objects in “SceneCity building” that I have created to a json file using the “json export” and “Objects getter” nodes.

I can export one object, but I can not export all objects at once.

Please tell me how to export all objects.

(Arnaud Couturier) #1237

Hello Fumiki,

the export to JSON feature doesn’t work that way unfortunately, for now. First you have to create a city using the nodes, not using the SceneCity panel. Then you can export.

So I suggest first you follow the second tutorial here
https://www.cgchan.com/static/doc/scenecity/1.4/getting_started2.html

Then follow the video tutorial here (you already saw it I guess)
https://www.cgchan.com/static/doc/scenecity/1.4/export_to_unity.html

Then if you have a question or a difficulty, let me know :slight_smile:

2 Likes
(atekdigital) #1238

Is this supporting 2.8

(Arnaud Couturier) #1239

Yes, since version 1.5

1 Like
(Fumiki Nakao) #1240

Thank you very much. The question was solved thanks to you.

2 Likes