SceneCity šŸ¬

Wow, this is incredible.
Itā€™s also pretty neat to be able to see how the addon has progressed since itā€™s creation.
Good job man, I love your work.

Thank you :slight_smile: More stuff is on the way!

2 Likes

Congratulations on the release of SceneCity 1.3. Any word on Blender 2.8 Addon compatibility? EEVEE compatible shading?

Thank you :slight_smile:
Iā€™ll port SceneCity to 2.8 and EEVEE yes. I canā€™t say when but as soon as itā€™s possible. Last I saw it wasnā€™t possible yet, about a month ago. Iā€™ll post news about it.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s to give a bit of more encouragement to prioritize 2.8 support. I just bought this and I am liking it so far. However I have gotten used to 2.8 and itā€™s a bummer to have to switch back to the dated interface just to use such a nice tool.

Anyway, what I mean to say is keep up the good work and canā€™t wait to see it ported over!

2 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: I hear you. Iā€™ll start porting to 2.8 ASAP!

3 Likes

Love itā€¦ :slight_smile: Actually reinstalled my ubuntu now, and havenā€™t installed 2.79 at all yetā€¦ just 2.8. :slight_smile: Maybe i donā€™t need 2.79 more. xD

Anyways, keep up the good work!

Thank you so much! Canā€™t wait to try it out

just hearing about this now omg. this is great. ill def grab it once its released for 2.8

Iā€™m on it, should be ready for the end of this month :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is awesome. :smiley:

1 Like

Updating of SceneCity to Blender 2.8 is going well :slightly_smiling_face: Iā€™ve been delayed by side work and 2.8 is so different under the hood I also had to learn all the new ins. I hope they wonā€™t make such big changes again before several years.

5 Likes

I was just looking to see if you posted any timeline for the 2.8 release. This is one of the major plugins I am looking forward to use in 2.8. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m working with this nowā€“and itā€™s amazing. The 2.80 upgrade will be much appreciated.

Right now I am trying to figure out how to get curved roads to conform to a specific set of roads (black lines) I am trying to emulate. HC-roads-black .

I realize the image there might not be all that suitable and can clean it upā€“but right now I canā€™t figure out how to tell the system to use it.

@ChristianVFX
I wanted to release it much sooner, but Iā€™ve been side-tracked by work. Iā€™m still on it though! Very likely this month! Then Iā€™ll have to move forward and add much needed features.

@Marco_Chacon
I just replied to your email :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ā€œSceneCity buildingā€ was created by the following three steps.

1. Import library of roads and buildings in active layers
  2. Place roads in 3d scene
  3. Place buildings along along roads

I have a question about exporting to Unity.
Iā€™m trying to export all the objects in ā€œSceneCity buildingā€ that I have created to a json file using the ā€œjson exportā€ and ā€œObjects getterā€ nodes.

I can export one object, but I can not export all objects at once.

Please tell me how to export all objects.

Hello Fumiki,

the export to JSON feature doesnā€™t work that way unfortunately, for now. First you have to create a city using the nodes, not using the SceneCity panel. Then you can export.

So I suggest first you follow the second tutorial here
https://www.cgchan.com/static/doc/scenecity/1.4/getting_started2.html

Then follow the video tutorial here (you already saw it I guess)
https://www.cgchan.com/static/doc/scenecity/1.4/export_to_unity.html

Then if you have a question or a difficulty, let me know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is this supporting 2.8

Yes, since version 1.5

1 Like

Thank you very much. The question was solved thanks to you.

2 Likes