Sci-fi scene: Shybot

Hey,
Here is my new stuff. It’s called Shybot. The fence is inspired by a door made by Hector Guimard. I just love all his work. I’m working on another scene inspired by one of his houses. Hope I’ll get to finish it.
Anyways… here is the picture:

http://users.skynet.be/igorsandman/blender/shybot-thumb.jpg(click to enlarge)

C & C are welcome although I wont probably change anything. not that I think it’s perfect. I simply worked enough on this. Maybe later.
Regards.
-IS-

wow thats deseptivly simple looking.

I like it but the yellow wall draws a little to much attention (maybe thats deliberate).

the gate is great and the robot looks like it wants somthing.

but the image doesnt grab your attention. what i would call a great undestated work.

Really presents itself as an abstract piece of work, pleasing to the eyes.

Fantastic work IgorSandman. Real feeling of despair and loneliness with the bot.

The hands on the bot could be better IMO. Very simple design right now.

The gate is fantastic. Is it curves or mesh?

Lighting is also great.

BgDM

Thanks for your comments.

BgDM: Yeah the hands are not very good. I still suck at “organic” modeling. I’m working on it :slight_smile: . About the gate. I drawn a blueprint based on a picture I found on the net and I did bezier curves over it. I then created bezier circles and used them as bevel objects.
BTW, your new avatar is awesome! :stuck_out_tongue: I love it.

Cheers.
-IS-

I love the design and rendering of the gate, but on a practical level I have one criticism. It must be structuraly unsound because there is only one thin bar at the center joining both halves of the gate.

Nice! I like the subtlety of the bot - I didn’t notice it at first, but after a couple of seconds, it appeared to me in the shadows. I do think the scene could be improved with more dramatic lighting, though, since it seems rather flat to me.