Science Fiction TV series for YouTube

a quickly done gradient map of a heightmap of an eroded and weathered Venus – with liquid water
2048x1024 reduced image
https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/a9/d6/yssnHBWe_t.png

the 8192x4096 texture needs work still

a screenshot of the heightmap and a shaded version of it
https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/b4/f9/m9Fyq5Ja_t.png

Venus emits MORE heat than it receives from the sun , there is no way a sun shade will get the CO2 to the liquid state even with the 90 atm of pressure

cool!

I wouldn’t know. I just saw this:

Hi. Can you summarize the project, and describe more about the intentions, and the current status of the conceptual designs and fiction/material.

I am beginning a similar project with the help of BA. And the only goal for me is being actively writing the scripts/stories to use for a new animation/featurette.

The series idea is inspiring. keep all of us updatred on here. Or tell us where to keep tabs on the project.

Is this yet a collab of BA members or is it just you asking for volunteers?

thanks for the motivating work shown so far…

I just got done researching motion capture. My research is here. My Kinect v2 arrived yesterday so I am playing around with that.

I have a few episode ideas but haven’t gotten as far as writing any scripts yet. I have started creating cultures and main characters. I am a member of several writing groups and thought about having each episode written by a different person. Most professional TV shows have a creator and then each episode has it’s own writer. I added a link in the first post that goes to my website, where I have notes on the universe itself. I will keep you in mind as a writer if you are still interested/available when the time comes.

Sounds terrific, Mocap is great to imagine pushing the series along with, the collaborative effort of the writers would gain you continuation as a bonus. I haven’t(yet) considered either since I was scripting sci fi ‘films’ not a series . . . for years. I’ve thought it over enough to listen more on here to your opinion about this FF project, updates and concepts more often than the recent lackluster result show for past projects I tried to get motivation out of, admittedly. I am interested in Sci Fi for many reasons, but I must remind myself often the material, like Blendswap demonstrates, is geared to this genre more with Science fiction content by default, I think its no coincidence. You have focus and determined your core goal, which is to have scientifically based fictional characters and plots with 3D animation used to build space as the stage setting for possibilities to come. The average page I write is derived from previous ‘material’ like well known sci fi characters to help inspire me or create very similar. The fact you have the cultures and base characters is also good, but the only time I would step up to the plate is when the series is in production with a cast and what not at least, just to give me the color tone of the dialog and expectations to create some addition within the environment these fictional characters would depict and live in. So, I won’t bother you will my own ideas until then and let your natural flow continue.

Now, that you read that much, I am also a visual minded artist, 3D modeler, rigger/animator with a basis for techniques used in Blender 2.4 and up. I have not gotten the latest version for months, and have been excited about Blender 3D suite 3.0 for years. So, if you catch my drift, you could send me PM ideas or some design or element out side of the script itself and let me try to conceptualize it in 2D or even 3D later in the process.

I became accustom to learning how to do something, then tossing in the towel, to get back to real life. After sidelining most artistic projects in recent years, I am aimed at a fresh start and grow my experience with a better understanding. This is why I began writing more and searching for like minds. I will likely ask questions about the material you came up with and explained on here but for now I will stay tuned to your Kinect v2 mocap testing results. Thanks for the reply.

You have me intrigued. I like that you’ve come up with such an interesting concept and actually put the time to build the universe.
I have limited experience modelling, but I am still learning and I’m commited to doing so. I can currently do most non-organic structures I choose to do, but it honestly depends on the complexity. I can texture and composite as well.
I am a writer, and I specialize in sci fi, though I have not published anything yet. I have never written scripts before, never had much reason to, but I have studied the basics of it and I am a fast learner when I want to be.
I have done some voice acting before, but never in a professional context.

I have a few questions though.

• What is the age rating you are aiming for. Will there be gore, nudity, etc.?
  • And what is the main platform you want to use for communication?

I just looked at the YouTube rating system:

I guess it would be mildly violent, strong language and minimal covering.

For communication, for volunteers, haven’t really decided on a medium. I’d probably look for some free open-source project management software and set it up on my linux server.

EDIT: I set up a Slack account. PM for an invite.

I would very much like to get involved in this project. I’m a generalist modeling and animation I can do at a lower level but i can always get the job done. I can write music if you are looking for guitarists that is, I could come up with some errie space type of sounds. I can write if needed nothing published just my own characters I’ve developed before. My biggest strengths would be aside from music is being a Linux administrator at one of the largest hosting companies ( I can’t post where publicly). In addition I do know jira and open project, have not heard of slack too much but can always quickly learn. Hope I’m not too late to help on this.

Hi, here is another interested composer/sound designer. Unfortunately I’m beginner with blender, but I could do some simple stuff. I also have 4000€ camera equipment, so I can take material pictures etc. I’m also cabable of using photoshop.

Thanks for the offers to help! I PM’d both of you.