Scissor Lift rig / Constraints....Questions

hey guys, first time posting on the animation side of Blender artists.

I was wondering how I could rig(or use constraints for) a scissor lift, any help/suggestions are welcome, Thank you.

Here is an old 2.49 file that shows a scissor lift setup. Perhaps this can help? Open the scene and press the R-Key to rotate the master controller. That makes the scissor lift move.

Here’s one done with bones… Needs some clean up work…

@norvman: Thanks for the file. But I can’t make it do anything. How do I work the bone based scissor lift?

Select the Armature > Ctrl+Tab into Pose Mode… > find the Bone named CTRL_LiftLever… (it’s the Big… Kinda obvious bone sitting at the base of the LIft off to the side…:yes:) > Hit R to rotate…

Note that all the bones are using Copy Rotation Constraints… all linked to the CTRL_LiftLever… There may be a way to connect all that so it is driven by say the Top stage Bone or something but I having got time to work on it right now… (but that would probably work better than having a lever control…)
And as far as that goes just keep the Lever control but hide all the other bones on invisable layers so the only bone there to move is the CTRL_LiftLever bone… Anyway have fun with it…

Just for anyone who references this later… here is a video on how to work the Scissor Lift Rigg…

Hey, haven’t checked this in a while, thanks for all the help! :smiley:

Well good … I was afraid you had forgotten about it…