Scotch on the rocks!

Decided last night to have a play around with blender fluids, and cycles, here’s the results. Anyway, love cycles! Fire away with comments and crits.

Btw- If I could have a Scotch right now it’d be Lagavulin, and it’d definately be neat.

The Blend: http://www.lived3d.com/downloads/scotch.zip

Updated Render:

Old:

The class and the ice looks good i will give that a 7/10 but the rendering of the fluids is not to great…|there seems to be no accumulation of fluid on the bottom of the glass which renders it to look a lil bit less applicable to realism , but i r newbie so don’t take me up to seriously

Looks good!
I like the DoF effect :slight_smile:

hi lived,
nice image.good ice material and lighting.any chance of posting ice mat.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

@EvilacticEye: I hadn’t noticed the scotch wasn’t touching the bottom of the glass, I’ll re-run the sim an get an update in soon. Thanks.

@Archelaus: Cheers, the dof effect is very simple to use in Cycles, just tell the camera what object you want to focus on, and then set an appature width.

@Rusted: I’m currently working on improving the ice a tiny bit as a mate pointed out the top cube looks very dry. I’ll post a blend file some time over the weekend once I’ve made my changes.

Im currently working on improving the ice a tiny bit as a mate pointed out the top cube looks very dry. I’ll post a blend file some time over the weekend once I’ve made my changes.

thanks.will wait!

Let some little “1cm” liquid at the base of the glass , so it will look natural.

very nice! just one thing: the object in the background looks a bit weird. i think it’s a part of a chair, but it could also be a blackboard or something like that.

Ok, so I posted an updated image. I tried to make the chair in the background look like less of a blackboard. In addition, I also added more liquid to the sim, and rendered at a different frame so as the bottom of the glass would be full. The blend file is now also in the post, it requires a build of blender with cycles. Cheers for the feedback guys, let me know what you think.

It is obvious that the updated one is much better! The fluid seems much real and textured!

perfect now!