Scrat Rigging

very small update.
Head and neck bones and controls added.
Still need advice on facial armatures and/or blend shapes.

Attachments

They are there for deformation purposes only (and also to make skinning easier if you are using envelopes). They aren’t necessary, just convenient.

ONe questoin I have, sketchy:

What are envelopes? i have wondered since i first heard of them during the 2.41 CVS version.

Sorry for the off-topicness!

Rig looks good. i am not an expert at that stuff, so I can’t tell you anything useful. i would just like to see an animation. :slight_smile:

Envelopes

Hope this helps

thanks nobody. :slight_smile:

Here’s a quick animation test of the rig in action, just trying to get a feel for the character, the rig. The legs still have some problems.

Anyway heres the link
http://www.you-wot.20m.com/scrathopsearch.mov
You have to right-click, Save as.

Enjoy

REMEMBER: This is not Blue Sky work, it is just me!

Cheers guys and gals.

The link you posted doesn’t work. It gives me a “Forbidden” message.

If I right-click on it to save it, I end up saving just the HTML of the forbidden message’s page.

Aligorith

you have to right-click and download it. just like he said.

anyway, i looked at it slow-motoin and it looked beter than how fast it was now. he might move fast, but i can’t figure out why yours looks SO fast. it seems like the right speed, but maybe you should make it less jerky. the movements look very similar to the real scrat’s though. nice job!

Just managed to download it (somehow Firefox didn’t seem to play well with that server).

The movement was way too jerky. Although Scrat does move quite quickly from pose to pose, he doesn’t seem to move as fast.

Aligorith

Hy there! Sorry for off-topic but can anyone tell me can i get somewhere Scrat’s model for bledner? tnx.

This thread is almost two years old, there never was a Scrat model for blender, only for the author’s personal use. I’m sure using the wireframes and reference pictures though you could probably build your own, good luck.

i adore that little creature :,(