Screen Tabs Add-on 1.3.2 for 2.79+ (a la workspace tabs in 2.8)

I just wanted to say I consider you a modern day Prometheus for making this.

Thanx for appreciating my work @ElDirector!
@MandarinaLove you are too kind :joy:

@ Milate Oleg Stepanov - yes that is what i was thinking. I am jealous when you say “that is not difficult to program”
For me programing is alien language.

By the way, do you have any plans to eventually port this over to 2.8? The tab function itself may seem redundant by then, but everything else is a straight up improvement. I’d really miss icon-based tabs on 2.8.

Hi!
As far as I know in 2.8 tabs is built-in feature and there is no way to tweak it without changing source code.
But design for tabs is pending.

Ai thats really said, i was looking like crazy but some how got the same feeling. They are set like some kind of preset menu. Also the python code hinting doesnt really say anything.

This is a shame because i made an addon which allowed me to quick switch using custom keys or an easy popup window. THe only one which still works is the user preferences or settings as it is named now. I do hope this will be reachable for code. There must be a way because users can do quite some nice things like orden, add, delete etc etc

This is the pref i guess which contains the info “TOPBAR_MT_workspace_menu”, its in bl_ui>space_topbar.py

It uses some template called “layout.template_ID_tabs(”

Hi!
Devs will probably take a look at tabs as soon as core features became stable.
In my opinion it is better to have this in source code anyway :thinking:

1 Like