Screenshot Extra Extra!!!

(RyceKaeks) #2361

Very Nice Interior.

how many materials you use?
Also whats the number of Objects in scene?

(RyceKaeks) #2362

Here is a BGE Screenshot of my M-10(Mac-10).
Don’t usually Model Guns but.

Verts 2,025

(jesusmora) #2363

Very Nice Interior.

how many materials you use?
Also whats the number of Objects in scene?

thanks.
the idea is to have a single no collision object and invisible walls to make physics faster. i will bake shadows for the scene once it’s complete, leaving some objects out.
the building has 6 materials (tatch, floor, 2 wall textures, brick, and wood), and every object like stools or doors have their own material.
the scene is shown in framerate&profile at around 70000 primitives, i’m planning on keeping under 200000 polygons with characters and effects.

(PlanetKiller) #2364

Dies it have to be in the BGE (or forks) if we model the items in Blender?

(RyceKaeks) #2365

May i consider something?
if you have models like stools and doors done you may want to make those objects share one material to lower usage in framerate & profile, you can easily transfer Bake the Textures by duplicating the objects and scale the UV’s down to fit all the objects you want to share a UV and then bake them to it.

also i meant this part of the upper bar, i know at some point games get laggy because of how many individual objects are in a scene and non-instances(Group Instances) take even more memory.

hopefully this will give some ideas and help

(jesusmora) #2366

i am doing it, but depends of the object. stools, doors and furniture use their own texture because the texture is 512x512 to 1024x1024 up to 2048x2048. anything higher than than slows my computer because it’s an old computer (i’m planning to upgrade it in the future).
but for objects like bottles and jars i used a single 512x512 texture, im using as much of the texture as posible:

(all the bottles and the jar share the same texture)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510699[/ATTACH]
also i meant this part of the upper bar, i know at some point games get laggy because of how many individual objects are in a scene and non-instances(Group Instances) take even more memory.

i’m using individual low poly objects to build the scene, but they are going to be a single mesh once i get to bake the shadows. i understand what you are saying, but i already had it in mind. culling will hide part of the mesh, and there’s an invisible mesh that will do the physics.
thanks anyway.

(RyceKaeks) #2367

Alright cant wait to see more.

(John_tgh) #2368

WIP model for an UPBGE resource.

(PeterBluewin) #2369

Virtual Vacation to our Sol System
My new private project with new adventures and exciting events as a virtual vacation. Any commend are welcome. Project is still in development…:yes:

(ThePajlok) #2370

UPBGE Photorealistic Tech-demo. Still work in progress :slight_smile:

(RedCoreStudios) #2371

A screenshot from a proof of concept demo I’m working on.

(deeempa89) #2372

This SSS effect is made with Blender 2.79 with some tricks using a mask, visability factor, mixing nodes and color ramps. I did this after I couldn’t make it work in UPBGE the way I wanted (and to see if I could figure out to do it), where the effect were more tranclusent than skin with a limit amount of adjustments.

Can I help please

(BluePrintRandom) #2374

Wrectified: The Rise of the lost star tribe

(deeempa89) #2375

For anyone who has play Deadplays “Inside” this might be familiar. I sat down for a few hours and tried to mimic some aspect and the one-part-mesh, but without being one part mesh. This means having a surface that looks smooth across more then one object.

(sbkodama) #2376

(BluePrintRandom) #2377