.:screwdriver finally!:.

(shibbydude) #1

Hello. This is the screwdriver that I keep around to work on my pc. Here it is rendered in full 3d glory!!! HAHAHA… I need a life. Hopefully the server will be up most of the time, if not just check back in five or ten minutes because this is run out of my own home since iptic’s closure is eminent and acasto’s ftp service does not work right now.

http://mysite.iptic.com/reblended/gallery/screwdriver640.jpg

There are no shadow casting lights in this picture and there are no dropshadows from photoshop. Care to guess how I got those nice soft shadows? The technique really is pretty simple. I’ll give you a hint… there is one hemi and 8 lamps. Most gurus should know this one.

(suicidal) #2

I can’t view the picture at the moment :frowning: but i’m going to guess you used negative lights to create the soft shadows.

your friend,
suicidal failure

(kaktuswasse) #3

/me guesses the same

can’t see the pic, but are u sure that ur pc has the ip
192.168.2.6 in the INTERNET? That would be very very strange… :smiley:

cya henrik

(Bapsis) #4

I would love to see this, but unfortunatly your image is “screwed”. hehe :wink:
Definatly try to get this working for us to check out!!! :wink:

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

(shibbydude) #5

Ahh, now I have this on my website. Apparently I exceeded the directory size limit of 50 megs. Who knew? I had no idea my site was that big. Anyway, the pic is at the top of this page.

(Dittohead) #6

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

AWESOME VERY AWESOME!!! :o :o :o

(blengine) #7

awww really cool! the lighting is great… the modeling of the screwdruiver is a lil weird though…seems to soft or something =\ and the reflections, especially on the bolt things, are really wierd since theres nothing to reflect in the scene :wink:
but really ncie job, how did u make the shadows if theres no shadow lamp? a texture uv mapped/textured onto the ground plane? they look great

(shibbydude) #8

I did use negative lamps, and yes, there is nothing to reflect in the scene. Sometimes in life we need to just forget about details like that to make life more fun.

(blengine) #9

life fun?? hehe what planet are u living on… im on earth, which is no fun 8) maybe ill rocket to a cool planet one day ::daydreams and dozes off::

(ec2) #10

Nice scene. I like the modeling and lighting in this pic. I will have to try out your technique.