Screwscape

For a long time I’ve wanted to create a fibonacci landscape, and now this summer when I went on a road trip through the fjords and mountains of Norway I finally got enough inspiration to actually do it. I’m pretty happy with the result ^^
Rendered in Cycles with some processing in Photoshop.

129 Likes

wow that’s really impressive Congratulation, by curiosity did you handpaint every the grass vertex-group areas for your scattering ?

2 Likes

wow cool! nice job. how did you made it?

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Yupp I handpainted it. Could have been faster if there was a faster way to just vertex paint all normals pointing up, but was still quite fast to just paint it by hand :slight_smile:

Used some screw curves that’s built into Blender together with some UV projections, displacements some of my own built plats, mesh to volume, some Photoshop magic etc etc. I’ll post a Blender screenshot for some kind of reference on how it all looks from another perspective :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Nice one Bart, thanks! :slight_smile:

Amazing! Very nice mood and concept. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Lovely artwork.

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

That is not only a great idea but the execution is simply stunning down to the smallest detail. :+1:

Nature and math are a good match.

1 Like

The perfect match :slight_smile:

I really like the lighting, it gives it a nice atmosphere.

1 Like

Awesome! :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Wow, I have the urge to hang on to something! I reminded of M.C. Eicher and his unique perspective. You have captured something very intriguing to me. Thanks!

1 Like

Great fary tale landscape! And thanks for the breakdown, very interesting!