Script/Addon for uv projecting

Hi everyone,
first I have to say, that I havn´t done any scripting ever so I don´t know anything about it. I just want to ask, if such a addon is possible to make and how complicated this would be.

For work with vfx it would be great to have an option for another type of uv projecting. I want to change the uv coordinates of an object every single frame. Probably you have no idea what I am talking about, so let me tell you an exemple:

I have a moving camera with a background video. In this background video, there is a cube. I want to have a 3d cube in my scene, and I want to use the cube in the video as a texture for my 3d cube.

So the only thing I can do is to go into camera view and project the cube from view. Now I could take the first frame of my video and use it as a texture. This will work out well until it comes to bigger camera moves, in this case the distortion gets to big.

What the addon I am looking for should do, is to project the uvs of my cube every frame new, so the cube uses new uv projecting data from camera view every single frame. Then I could use the whole video as a texture.

Does anyone think this is possible?

Günter

If I have understood correctly what you want, then a UV Project modifier with the camera as Projector should do it.

Best wishes,
Matthew

Thanks,
I totally missed that :smiley:
Thank you so much for your help!

Best wishes

Günter