If anyone is up for it, I need a script programmer to create a script that creates an object which inherits rotation and location of a selected bone in an armature.
I am not a programmer, but I have tried to compile a list of what the script should accomplish.
Here is exactly what the script should be automating:
- Make sure a bone is selected (in pose mode or edit mode), save bone and armature names for later use.
- Create new cube object.
- Add copy location and copy rotation constraints to new cube object. Point these to the previously selected bone so that the cube object has the same location and rotation.
- Ctrl+A apply ‘Visual Transform’ on cube object.
- Lock all attributes of cube object (loc/rot/scale).
- Delete previously added constraints from cube object.
- Select previously selected bone and under Bone Properties > Display set the cube object as custom bone shape, tick ‘Wireframe’ and un-tick ‘Bone Size’
- Select cube object.
If there are any issues with setting this up, or if it has to be done differently, please write it here.