[Scripts]Create camera image plane

doesn’t work in 2,76, while plane is created, all vertices are stuck in the pivot point

Hello. I’m interested in this script,does it work or not ?

By default Python auto-execution disabled since 2.76 version. You need to enable this function on File tab in User Preferences window.

Hello.

I’m really liking the addon but I have one question about it. Is it supposed to work with portrait image orientation? The addon works perfectly if the camera resolution is set to be in landscape orientation or in 1:1. Once I input a resolution that is in portrait orientation the plane no longer fits in the camera view. Does this happen to other people or is it just me?

-Joutilas

Same issue here.
Gloud to hear if someone knows how to get it to fit in portrait view.

Interesting. I have actually never even tried that. I’m sorry for the late reply. I do not understand why I have not been getting e-mail notifications from this thread. I used this script to create image planes for green screen footage to fit different clips together in the same background (camera matched movements on the cameras). My videocamera does not have a portrait format.

It works for me if you go to the camera and set Sensor fit to horizontal (camera - Camera - Sensor - Horizontal).

Hi @tobbew, are you planning a 2.8 version of this ?

I had not considered it. I did not know there were an interest nor that it was no longer working. I could look into api changes, but I would not expect that to be before September.

3 Likes

Thank you thank you thank you !!!

Totally looking forward to this for 2.8

Following :slight_smile:

Hello ?
Anyone there ?

I ported this addon to Blender 2.80+

5 Likes

Thank you very much! I really love this.
Could you make this works on the orthographic projection please?

1 Like

Addon Updated.

v. 1.0.1 (27-12-2020):

Added work with orthographic camera and render resolutions.

2 Likes

Hi, just wanted to mention that there is also another add-on for the same purpose (with a handy multi-plane depth control)

2 Likes

pullup - i’ve just tried to install under 2.83 LTE but it doesn’t appear on camera object properties…any idea? How can i contact the developer?

Blender 3.1.2 says help ;p

1 Like

Addon updated.

v. 1.0.2 (08-07-202):

Fixed a bug that occurred when renaming a camera.

2 Likes

Thank you !
After changing dname to name.
It works again :smiley:

1 Like