sculpt mode Question. if not Feature request...

(bubs) #1

I’ve been sculpting in blender today and I would sculpt a bit then subdivide then sculpt some more and subdivide and so on. but now I’m at the point where the smooth tool doesn’t smooth well. is there a way to go down a level of subdivision? I don’t want to get rid of the subD levels I just want to be able to switch back and forth to fine tune my model.

0 Likes

(Craig Jones) #2

Yes, under the Multi Res tab, click down one level, under the tab that you used to increase a level at a time. You’ll see the current level, and clicking the left side should reduce the level and when you want to return just click the right side.:smiley:

0 Likes

(bubs) #3

yea… I used the W menu the subdivided there. so I just decimated the thing down do a .2 then will try again from there. actually I was surprised that the decimate didn’t mess up the mesh as much as I thought it would!

0 Likes

(bubs) #4

Damn…

Sorry craigomatic my last post kinda looked a little snotty to me. So I know it has to to other people.

I didn’t mean for it to look like that. I just wanted to say that I used the subdivide in edit mode then hit w to bring up the specials menu.

sorry if your offended I appreciate any help and I don’t mean to sound like an a-hole but sometimes it happens.

0 Likes

(Craig Jones) #5

Umm, no worries, I’ve not been the perfect poster sometimes, either. I was referring to using the multi res tab that you find in all modes right beside the modifier tab - use that, and you’ll be able to go up and down in subdivision. Glad you are enjoying the sculpt mode - it’s very powerful and Nicholas did a great job so far :slight_smile:

0 Likes