…but with a texture instead.
- A texture node to enrich the normal map of a game model.
- Without using Zbrush or SculptMode.
- Don’t need a high poly mesh, good for slower machines
- Faster work: no need to set up a mid poly model with a correct edge flow.
- No Z displacement: the model don’t lie, silhouette and volume are what they are.
- Enrich normal map without seams problems.
How does it work?
- A blender file properly set up. A plane with texture paint on. A grey image.
- A Texture node transform the painted greyscale in a normal map.
- A Composite node save the texture in a render.
- The result must be manually updated to display
Notes: in render panel, do composite must be checked to alow the composite node.
I’m NOT satisfied yet.
What I would like is to paint and see the result real time as if I was using sculpt tool.
You still have to hit ctrl+F12 ro render the normal map.
And to hit Reload button to display the modification.
Here is a screen cap of the file I am working on.
But the idea is here. Feel free to improve it. I believe that it would be usefull.