Sculpt tool doesn't work..

Hi,
I am running the latest version of Blender with Python 2.5 on Ubuntu Linux. However, whenever I try to use the sculpt tool, nothing happens, no matter which of the different modes I choose. The mesh remains completely unchanged.
I have tried using this tool also in older versions of Blender with no difference.
Can you help?

-James

Anybody? Google brings up some fixes for this problem - such as changing tablet pressure settings - but none seem to work.

A stupid question. You do have some multires divsions? Do none of the tools work ?

Richard

There is no need for rudeness. I’m only asking a question.

Yes, I do. Increasing the divisions has no effect.

Every other tool works.

-James

If by latest version you mean 2.49a, the problem may be in Python. 2.49a was compiled with Python 2.6.2, so that’s what it’s gotta run on. Hope this helps. =P

Ah, that may be the problem. Unfortunately, I’ve downloaded the latest version and the 2.6 version won’t start. I think I may need to update my Python.

Thanks for the input :slight_smile:

Hmm. I was actually asking the stupid question, not you.

Richard

Ah, then I apologise. Sorry about this misunderstanding. :slight_smile:

-James

are you using a tablet or the mouse?

Does the tablet work in painting?

Does pressure sensitivity work in painting?

I have the same problem on a Mac, were only the grab tool will function, someone mentoined changing a pressure setting to 0 resolve the issue, how do I do this?

Got it,
when draw mode etc… doesn’t work and only grab does

next to edit/object mode… sculpt > input settings> set Tablet strengt adjust to 0.