Sculpt tool questions

(FlyerX) #1

Hello,

Using Blender 2.44 for win32.

I am just starting to use Blender and wanted to know if there is a way of doing the following with the sculpt tool and an imported model:

1. Sculpt across separate meshes that form a model. Example: a bulge at the seam of two meshes. This is for a morph target so welding them is not an option.
  2. Rotate the grab sculpt tool (twisting the mesh instead of moving it)

thanks,

FlyerX

0 Likes

(Craig Jones) #2
  1. Yes, if the two meshes are joined as one Object. Sculpting is akin to editing, and editing is per object.
  2. Not right now - you could cheat by grabbing the selection outward, then swapping to edit mode and using rotate with proportional edit. Maybe this could be added later from something similar to the way the texture brush rotates in sculpt.
0 Likes

(jestmart) #3

There is a utility called ‘Compose’ by John Wind that can help with morph targets. The problem is I can’t remember where I got it.

0 Likes

(FlyerX) #4

Thanks for the responses. Smooth proportional edit may be the way to go. I just wish it would be easier to set the radius of influence. Is there a way to enter a number for the radius? Using the pgup/pgdown only works sporadically and the mouse wheel only worked once.

FlyerX

0 Likes