Sculpt Tools

There must be something you’re missing. I’m quite sure the addon works fine. I can’t exactly take a look on your computer, so I have no way to help you, sorry.

Don’t worry thanks anyway

hi, I made this using BoolTool and SculptTools

Only one thing, the cut via Grease Pencil apply all the modifiers stack, there is a way to avoid this? the boolTool doesn’t apply the modifiers (even when using it without the modifier)

Thanks!

Looks very cool MmAaXx! How did you make all the little holes? :slight_smile:

Grease trim works that way because it would give nonsensical results a lot of the time when you didn’t apply the modifiers - for example if you cut the wrong half of a mirrored object it wouldn’t do anything. I could probably change it, but Campbell’s integrating a new Sculpt Knife feature into core Blender which is probably going to be much more reliable, so Grease Trim is about to become obsolete. :slight_smile:

hi Piotr,
thanks for the fast reply, probably it could be an option (?) I’m asking to have some consisntency between BoolTool and SculptTools. :smiley:

I made the holes via booltool :smiley: and all the cuts via sculpt tools.

For axample, my workflow for that robot was like:

*make a copy of the obj to trim
*delete the modifier such mirror, remesh, subsurface etc
*trim via grease pencil
*select the copy and copy/paste the modifier on the trimmed model

That was a pain ehehe

you could use the “draw poly brush” in booltool MmAaXx. its just polygonal though :),

okay been doing some tests, and there maybe a way to circumvent the modifier apply after grease cutting.

the steps are:

1. copy object with modifiers (disable everything first, clicking the visibility button) to buffer (ctrl + C)
  2. initiate grease cut.
  3. delete unwanted geometry resulting from cut.
  4. paste object from buffer (ctrl+V) (still has mod), treated as new geometry so has new datamesh name
  5. go to data (object data) in properties panel and select datamesh name of resulting grease cut object. this will transform the buffer object into the grease cut object with the modifiers still on.

faster that copy pasting mod. there’s an offset problem sometimes (if this happens, assuming you did this before the first step, set cursor to active) after the operations, select the grease object and set origin to 3d cursor, that will fix the offset problem (due to grease cut resetting the origin) with the buffer object. then delete the grease object.

it gets faster with practice lol.

thanks bro!

I will take the booltool way xD

YAY!

http://www.miikahweb.com/en/blender/git-logs/commit/7f2f9f0acdc42f54625e1a71592ea9919173879f

hello guys, tool is cool.
I encountered trouble that I cannot UNDO remesh operator from sculpt ui addon when Im in Sculpt mode. Im not sure if it is problem of tool or something else. I looked in to the script and there is an option for remesh operator:
bl_options = {‘REGISTER’, ‘UNDO’}

Im using 2.72b
Anyway great work with the addon

Hi guys, tools are working but with a problem. Whenever I’m in object mode, with selected object and draw grease pencil to define the cut line I receive message “Draw a line with grease pencil first” as soon as I press Grease cut button. However if I press it once again it works but it does not subtract when the option is checked. In the end I get the result but it doesn’t work like it should. Can someone please advise what is wrong. I tried it with Blender 2.72b and now with 2.73

Update:

When opened the console window I could see an error with reading the object_creaprim.py file as UTF-8… It continues with something like “utf-8 codec can’t decode bytes in position 6646-6647: invalid continuation byte”

Update:

The issue is written in the console and in short it goes like this:
“Error reading file as UTF-8… object_creaprim.py” ‘utif-8’ codec can’t decode bytes in position 6646-6647: invalid continuation byte"

Earlier versions of Blender would automatically attach the grease pencil data to the object as long as it was selected. Now the devs decided to break that functionality for some reason or other and it attaches to the scene by default. You have to manually select the Object option in the grease pencil settings.

That being said, due to general lack of interest, I’m no longer supporting Sculpt Tools. If parts of it still work, cool. If not, sorry. (I’ll still accept pull requests on Github if anyone makes any. Not that I’m expecting anyone to do so.)

This sad news Piotr Adamowicz. One of the best addons that already. Facilitates the work of many people.

No it doesn’t. Barely anyone uses it.

I use it ^^

Sad news indeed.

I find it very useful and powerful. If you think that people bearly use it, is there something similar to this and more up to date that people use it instead?

I also use it, sad to know that!

[Here is a big use of it:

http://cgcookie.com/blender/cgc-courses/modeling-sci-fi-helmet/](http://cgcookie.com/blender/cgc-courses/modeling-sci-fi-helmet/)

I’ve managed to overcome mentioned problem with this suggestion of yours and now it works as it should. I saved the settings within startup file. Thanks!