I really wish sculpting would get some more attention and there doesn’t seem to be a dedicated thread regarding feature suggestions for sculpting. I haven’t seen anything in any official roadmap with regards to sculpting so it seems like the devs aren’t going to touch it for a long time.
The things I want to see are:
- General performance improvements so Blender can handle more verts (This doesn’t just apply to sculpting obviously but it’s one of the biggest things holding it back)
- Layering system so I don’t have to commit to small details
- Transpose-like tool so I can repose the sculpt with minimal steps (unlike the work around methods of rigging and lattices)
- More functions like mask extrude/separate (There’s an addon for this but I’d like this to come out of the box)
- More brushes (one suggestion on right-click select is having the ability to weld pieces together)
- Sculpting in Blender produces unaesthetic lumpy sculpts for whatever reason. I don’t know if this even needs a fix
- some sort of auto-retopo tool
Anything else? I don’t like having to resort to Zbrush for heavy tasks.