sculpting in Blender 2.57?

When I sculpt something and then return to edit mode, the stuff I sculpted changes back to its look in the edit or object mode. how do I make the sculpt permanent?

Apply the multiresolution modifier you have used during the sculpt, it will make the changes permanent, but be sure to make a copy of your model in case you’re not satisfied and want to sculpt it more with the multiresolution, because once you will apply the modifier, it’s done definitively.

Note that the Blender Edit Mode is -very- slow and sluggish when the model polycount is high.

thanks, but Im not using modifiers. when I sculpt in sculpt mode, and then go to any other mode, the sculpt changes back to what it looked like before starting sculpting.

@SGPSGP
I’ve been trying to figure your problem out since you posted it and nothing is coming to mind for why sculpt mode isn’t keeping your changes. If you could post a screenshot or the .blend file I might be able to help.
@Robsoie
You actually don’t need to apply the Multiresolution modifier to get it to work in sculpt mode.

I never mentionned getting it to work in sculpt mode, but getting it to work in Edit Mode.
without applying the multires, you can’t see your fully sculpted model in Edit Mode.

Only Object and Sculpt mode can have the fully sculpted model displayed as it is while the modifier is not applied.

Only Object and Sculpt mode can have the fully sculpted model displayed as it is while the modifier is not applied.

why?
in blender 2.49 it did not happened…
did they changed it for a weird-super-programing reason?

That’s something only the devs really know. But indeed it works great in 2.49b.

oh… I see… okay, then I think you solved my problem… thank you!