Sculpting on 3d model or image

Hi blender ppl!

Im newby here , working with 2d mainly, Im starting my journey with blender.

I have a question. I downloaded 3d model , an .obj - can I sculpt somehow or edit it like add some extra details or just deform it using sculpting tools? example a horse 3d model - i would like to add some extra leg or make horse horrible huuuge head. how to do that? I dont even know how to look and search for that action?

another one :slight_smile:
I would like to deform cut a hole or just sculpt on an image imported to blender - what is the best way to do that? When I import image as plane, or textured on cube - still can not sculpt or modify it in editor mode or sculpt mode.

I would appreciate any help. Thank you

The main reason you can’t sculpt on a simple plane is that there isn’t enough geometry to sculpt. You only have four vertices and they are at the corners. You could add a whole load of loop cuts to subdivide it to give yourself something to work with.

Leaving aside things like dynamic topology or remeshing, sculpting doesn’t add any geometry. The brushes work on what’s already there. So manually add more before attempting to sculpt - through adding loop cuts, right-clicking and subdividing an appropriate number of times, or adding and applying modifiers like Subdivision Surface (set to Simple in cases like your cube if you want it to remain cube-shaped).

1 Like

Thank you so much for this informations!
I will try all!

best

1 Like