Sculpting with UVs and displacements.

Another one. This technique is so fast. I love it! This is a really quick way to visualize ideas since the detail is driven by the texture. I’ve been working with Blender since November and this technique allows me to visualize my hand-drawn concept art ideas so quickly, so my creative process doesn’t get bogged down in process-details. I like the fact that the texture(s) create their own look, depending on how the loop runs and what part of the texture gets assigned to the UV coordinates. The attached model took about 10 minutes to create . . . but the texture drives all the detail. There are a few little choppy nuances but that doesn’t bother me because the overall impact/read is there. It’s amazing how many instances there are in which you can reuse the same texture on different models . . . with different results. I spend a fair amount of time developing the texture(s) then use them with tons of applications/models. Thanks again, Michalis, for sharing this fantastic technique. It’s my favorite right now.

1 Like