SculpTkt - a toolkit for sculptors

Cool! :+1:

A few questions about the Slash Cutter:

• Will it be a button or keyboard shortcut?

• Will you also be able to auto-remove the cut part, maybe using an extra modifier key like Alt?

• Will it work inside of Sculpt Mode?

Keep up the good work!

Threre will be a handy pie menu with everything you need so I guess I will keep the one-single-shortcut pattern, Its just not ported to 2.8 yet, there will be a lot of changes to the addon’s interface.

It works on sculpt mode but there are a few problems with the undo not being recorded, so it’s only safe to use on object mode, I guess I’ll have to wait until developers fix this problem or use some sort of hack.

yeah I can implement this, I guess I can auto-select the smallest objects so you can just hit delete.

1 Like

OpenVDB Remesh has to cope with the same Sculpt Mode undo issue. The coder has included a warning about it in red-colored text when you use the add-on in Sculpt Mode.

I’m sure it’ll be fixed soon.

The slash cutter is a very needed tool indeed. But does it work in the dyntopo mode too?

And also… what about a ‘local scale’ brush? Sculptgl’s ‘local scale’ brush is a good example for understanding what is meant with such a tool.

If someone buys the add-on, will the updates be free?

1 Like

will you mix the Sculptkt and tesselator in a single add-on?

Ill might get this when its stable for 2.8 :slight_smile: Maybe SculptIt could be a name for the tool?

There’s the mask deform tool, that just allow you move/scale/rotate any masked part of the model.

That was my original plan but Tesselator’s code got too big to properly manage a fusion. If I guet to simplify tesselator enough I will do that.

Well, the name is SculpTkt that stands for Tool K i T before it was FlowTools but didn’t make much sense and there was another addon with a similar name so I changed it.

Hey guys, I don’t updated what yet but most operators are already done, only envelope builder is left to finish.

But since with 2.8, many functions are native, like matcaps, random colors, SculpTkt is gonna lose a few unneeded features.

I dont want this addon to be mediocre so make your feature requests and I will make a list of new things that SculpTkt could have in the 2.8 version.

1 Like
  • [ Done ] Remesh (Remesh modifier macro)
  • [ Done ] Decimate
  • [ Done ] Basic booleans
  • [ Done ] Slash Cutter
  • [ Done ] Sculpt pie menu
  • [Done ] Envelope builder
  • [ Done ] Extract mask
  • [ Done ] Mask deform
  • [ testing] Mask Split

Sorry people, I didn’t give any news about the progress of the addon for a while.
I had to deal with some problems and didn’t have time to work on sculptkt.

But I’m back!

Now starting the interface. I will use the same all-in-one menu pattern again, hope you like.

5 Likes

Looks good. Have you considered adding color to match the color scheme of Blenders manipulators for the mask deform tool?

1 Like

Oh, that’s a good idea, It wasn’t possible before but now there are the colored wireframes.

Almost forgot LOL.

1 Like

Hey guys, just want to tell that I released the first version of Sculpt Toolkit for blender 2.8 and you can already download, the 2.79 version is still available too.

Though I’m still not quite satisfied and want to improve it. Feedback is welcome!

I will leave the files for the alpha version available in this post but if you want to support-me please consider buying it on blender market, it helps me a lot!

PS: if you just download the zip file, please consider the work I’m putting on it and give a sincere feedback, so I can improve this tool and make it useful for more people.

sculpt_toolkit_2_8_alpha.zip (410.6 KB)

3 Likes

Cool. I’m going to try it this weekend, and if I’m happy — which I expect — I’ll buy it.

Will the new version include option to build your own base mesh using envelope builder as you update for 2.8? At this time there does not appear to be an option available to do so. Only options available are pre-built which are definitely convenient. I can even start off with a fish!

The update is finished and has this feature.
I just want to polish the interface and add more tools in the future.

The option appear when you have an armature selected, this is going to my list of things to change in the future, maybe it needs to be more clear.

2.8 support! Lets try it!

In the alpha version you provided the Add Envelope Base drop down has all the pre-made meshes available while current mesh is selected. The only way I can add more to the envelope base is by duplicating its pieces. Is that how it is intended to work if you want to create your own custom envelope base mesh? Just want to be sure that is how it is intended to work.

Next, when I use the Slash Cutter the line is not seen in the viewport. It takes a minute or so before the cut registers but I cannot tell if the line was even drawn since I cannot see it. I end up drawing several lines without realizing it while testing. Eventually viewport updates with all the cuts. I am using Blender 2.8 March 30th build.

Will the pie menu see in your video linked above be added later on? Assume that is in the works.

Yes you can modify the bases and save them as custom but its just a regular armature, you can create your own from scratch and set the display mode to envelope drawing.

Really? this might be a bug, do you see any error message on your console?

It really takes long for Boolean operations on dense meshes, it’s a limitation of blender itself. But there is the mask split tool which performs just as well for dense meshes but works by separating masked from unmasked areas.

Forgot to tell, The shortcut for the pie menu is ALT + W

Understood about the armature. Makes sense.

[ALT + W] Good to know thanks.

I believe the slash is a bug. Not seeing an error though. I have another addon that uses similar function and its smooth. In your video the slash appears to work quickly. I tested on a cube and experience the same issue.

Not sure if 2.79 uses but when you use pie in sculpt mode will all the brushes be available under brush drop down or only the active brush?