Sculptris in Ubuntu with wine problem

I have successfully used Sculpris with wine in Ubuntu (10.10)

Since I upgraded to 11.04 I face this weird problem: Sculptris works, until I press any key on the keyboard (except for Ctrl, Shift or Alt). Whenever I do that, Sculptris freezes until I change to other app (Alt+Tab) and back, but it doesn’t register the key pressed… any thoughts?

I’ve always had that problem with sculptris under wine…

interesting that it once worked for you! I always used the bleeding edge version…

That must mean that an older version of wine didn’t have this issue… if you know which you could maybe compile that instead of using wine from the repositories…

About the version of wine: I installed it with Ubuntu 09.04 (I think) and then I upgraded Ubuntu to 10.04 and it still worked (I don’t know if wine was upgraded too)… Which was the version of wine at the time… I have no idea… and about the compiling- I really don’t know anything about that and I wouldn’t want to try (when I tried to install Gnome 3 I irreparably f**ed up my synaptic and I had to reinstall… so no experiments :wink: )

Earlier version of Wine may not work at all. I had to remove the version that was installed from the Debian Testing repository and replace it with a newer one from WineHQ in order to get Sculptris to load at all. Even then, I also have the same hotkey problem in Debian that you have in Ubuntu. It was also a problem in Mac OSX, before there was a Mac port of Sculptris released.