se5a fighter

This weekends work, a se5a fighter. It has 7200 polys, and I hope to get it textured this week.

Attachments

is this the german plane that was nicknamed ‘flying coffin’? looks good on the modelling end.
(edit) i researched it a bit, and the one I am thinking of had a similar squarish look, but was only a monoplane.

So far nice - for the low poly category.
Are you going to reproduce the ribs of the fabric-covered wings with a bump/specular texture?
In such a case, was it reasonable to model these few rudder ribs? They increase the poly count…

Thanks Modron, I don’t know any of the planes history, but modeled it for my UnWheel 2 coder.

Witold Jaworski, I include all the detail I think is necessary for game models, and then cull out detail to stay in my poly count. I will be adding the wing ribs with a normalmap.

Steven

The modeling is finished, basic texturing is done. Now I need to make the normal map for the wings, and the texture for the fabric. Finished ai 11,000 tri’s. The render is taken from UDK.

Steven

Attachments

WOW nice model. The only thing that looks off if the current texture but you said your working on it. Are you making a game for the UDK? Could we see a wire?

Here is todays work. The normalmap for the wings is harder than I thought it would be.

Steven

Attachments