Season's Greetings, CreativeFactor.org first short animation release :)

After weeks of hard labor, countless headaches and a lot of determinations.

Me and Derek are proud to finally released “Season’s Greetings”

We are aware it isn’t perfect in any way. However, we are proud we actually finished it and that it didn’t turn out so bad for a first short film.

You can watch it in HD on our website creativefactor.org
or right here at smaller size, or on vimeo directly for HD

https://vimeo.com/56502628

Happy Blending

Interesting piece. Could use some improvement on the fur on the bear’s stomach.

We are aware it isn’t perfect in any way. However after almost 2 months of headaches with blender, we are proud we actually finished it and that it didn’t turn out so bad for a first short film. I am in no way an animator but rather a character artist, and blender fur is a pain, but its still too much work and render time for something like this. This is final and we aren’t going back on it, we’ve learned a few things which will help us make something better next time :slight_smile: Also am still learning animation :stuck_out_tongue:

Happy Blending

I liked it, congratulations.
The animation may improve but this good to be the first.

Haha not bad not bad at all! I am sure next years is going to be epic

luiscof: Thanks :slight_smile: Yhea, I definitly need more animation practice :slight_smile: Well, I ain’t an animator even though I did study in 3D animation back in college, I remember most of it, but I never had practice since I always got hired/contracted for my character modeling, texturing and rigging skills :slight_smile: So this project was a first attempt at learning more and practicing more as well :slight_smile:

DDD: I am glad you like :slight_smile: Not so sure about the next year epic one, but we’ll try our best :slight_smile:

Happy New Year everyone and Happy Blending :wink:

Thanks guys:P personally I’m really proud of this small step. A big thanks to Jeannot for making one of my environments come to life…I could’nt have done it without him:) Look for more stuff from creativefactor.org in the future:P

Happy Blending!

Ahhh!!! Comic Sans! Nooooo :eek:

But aside from that, great work! I look forward to seeing more projects like this by Creative Factor in the near future :smiley:

boy how do i missed this? wonderful work, nice story telling, great cute character, and a surrounding that is believable. i love the animation of his expression.

SSimpossible & doris: Thank you kindly :slight_smile:

Happy Blending :wink:

very enjoyable, nicely executed. Simple camera angles were good for communication and the environment was priceless