Thanks for the comments guys,
just a serious lighting blow-out problem in the upper right corner of the frame. And a few fireflies that, really, cannot yet be excused.
There are no fireflies in this render, I spent a good while making sure of that :). I added some specks of dust in post, but I went overboard with the textures so It looked like fireflies and overblown higlights instead.
I’d love to read a complete tutorial on how you used Inkscape … step by step … to create that lavishly detailed clock-face.
Sounds like a good idea for a tut
the tattered end is great but the rest looks too heavily creased length wise
That ribbon has been pissing me off since forever. I couldn’t find a usable texture, so I tried to model it and use alpha maps but I couldn’t find a way to make it look right. I just painted over it in the end, way easier.
Here’s a more balanced version:
Also found a not-too-old clay render of the key: