If you like working on phenomenal projects, collaborating with great people, kicking back during monthly social events and free lunches on Fridays…then the Third Floor is looking for you!
Since its inception 10 years ago, The Third Floor has worked on Hollywood’s biggest blockbusters, contributing to over a billion dollars in box office annually. Our mission has expanded and we are looking for talented artists for our growing VR/AR department.
The Third Floor, Inc. (TTF) is looking for a VFX artist experienced in the Unreal engine to join our team! In this position, you will push the boundaries of entertainment creating virtual and augmented reality experiences in a collaborative and creative work environment. You will develop visual effects (fluids, fire, smoke, explosions, etc.) in Unreal 4 for a variety of projects and platforms.
• Contribute to the build of amazing VR games and experiences in Unreal 4
• Design and implement dynamic & compelling visual effects
• Meet run-time and performance budgeting requirements
• Work collaboratively with other department personnel: especially environment, character, and lighting artists
• Generate VFX documentation for the TTF real-time pipeline
• Collaborate with production to develop task lists, estimates, schedules, milestones and overall project goals
• Coordinate with Art, Design and Animation to ensure VFX vision and quality expectations are met
• Troubleshoot VFX-related bug fixes and optimizations
• Help to improve technical pipelines and VFX creation techniques/tools
• Assist with R&D as it relates to creation of VFX for real-time productions at TTF
• Stay current with industry real-time VFX techniques
• Experience working with Unreal 3 or 4, Photoshop and Maya to create real-time VFX
• Able to paint VFX textures from scratch and match an established style
• Strong understanding of particle systems, lighting, texture/UV animation, sprite animation, dynamics and simulations, & material setup
• Experience creating and using real-time shaders
• Minimum 3 years experience as a VFX artist for video games
• Experience working with Blueprint
• Must be proactive and work well in a team environment
• Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Able to communication effectively
• Able to follow design / reference
• Able to work with wide range of styles
• Strong time-management and prioritization skills
• Basic understanding of game scripting
• Unity experience
• Knowledge of dynamics and simulations packages
• Passion for game development
• Previous experience working in VR or AR
Portfolio of relevant work required
To apply for the role please visit our recruitment website address at [email protected].