If you like working on phenomenal projects, collaborating with great people, kicking back during monthly social events, Starbucks Wednesdays and free lunch Fridays…then the Third Floor is
looking for you!
Since its inception 10 years ago, The Third Floor has worked on Hollywood’s biggest blockbusters, contributing to over a billion dollars in box office annually. Our mission has expanded and we are looking for talented artists for our growing VR/AR department.
The Third Floor is looking for an experienced Unreal Engine programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment. We are looking to push the boundaries of entertainment, developing for cutting-edge hardware, working on virtual and augmented reality experiences. In this position you will develop ground-breaking new work in real-time entertainment across a variety of projects and platforms. Unreal Engine is the primary development focus, but a familiarity with other game engines is certainly welcome.
• You will build amazing VR games and experiences
• Work with an agile and interdisciplinary team of artists, designers, and programmers to design, prototype, and implement new gameplay assets & features.
• Help to improve development pipeline, support the technical artists and level designers via plug-in and tool development.
• Assess tech and developmental risks. Propose solutions to overcome identified risks.
• Assist in specification, ensure that design and implementation of experience meets run-time and performance budgeting requirements.
• Collaborate with production to develop task lists, estimates, & schedules,.
• Actively participate in the QA process to identify and fix bugs
• Assist with R&D as it relates to real-time productions at TTF
• Bachelor’s and or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
• 3-4 years of game development experience as a programmer.
• Extensive experience working with-and extending-Unreal 3 or 4
• Extensive experience with the C++ programming language
• Strong familiarity with OOD principles
• Solid understanding of algorithms, physics and math.
• Write polished, optimized and documented code
• Experience creating and using real-time shaders
• Experience with game audio libraries: Miles, FMOD, Wwise, etc
• Experience working with Blueprints Visual Scripting
• Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Strong understanding of 3D modeling, texturing and animation.
• An appreciation for - and strong desire to create - amazing games
• Unity, Crytek or other “under the hood” game engine experience.
• Experience developing for game consoles (PS3, XBOX 360).
• Previous experience or strong desire to be working with VR or AR hardware & SDKs
To apply for the role please visit our recruitment website address at [email protected].