What do you get when you combine a company that works on Hollywood’s biggest blockbusters with the latest in virtual & augmented reality technology? The cutting-edge real-time department at The Third Floor, Inc.! Since its inception 10 years ago, The Third Floor has worked on Hollywood’s biggest blockbusters, contributing to over a billion dollars a year in box office. As the leader in our field, we collaborate with the industry’s top creative minds to help them realize their vision.
Our mission has expanded and we are excited about taking this next step into VR/AR and are looking for talented developers to join our development team! If you like working on phenomenal projects, collaborating with great people, kicking back during monthly social events and free lunches on Fridays…then check out the position below and apply! http://thethirdfloorinc.com.
Lead Technical Artist
The ideal candidate will come with extensive Unreal Engine (and preferably other game engine) experience. They will work closely alongside teams working on game-engine projects for Film, TV, Gaming and VR, and work with our Technology team to help develop tools and methodologies.
● Technical supervision and support on game engine projects for a variety of delivery platforms
● Establish and manage workflows for game engine projects
● Work with TTF Technology Group on creating and integrating game-engine tools into the current pipeline
● Collaborate in definition of technical specifications for VR/AR/Real-Time projects
● Assist in providing estimates for task completion
● Keep up to pace with the state-of-the-art in game engines and VR
● Investigate new technologies and evaluate them for TTF’s workflow
● Work with the Executive Producer to help scope and bid upcoming game engine projects
● Strong Experience with Maya
● Strong Unreal Engine experience
● Experience with Unreal Matinee
● Proficient in Python or Mel scripting
● Possess technical proficiency in game engine shader creation, texturing and lighting
● Able to think creatively and resolve technical challenges and limitations
● Proven attention to detail and focus on quality
● Ability to assess technical challenges and generate creative solutions
● Demonstrate a logical thought process to problem solving
● Ability to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment whilst juggling multiple projects
● Ability to work within a team and also under own initiative
● Excellent communication skills at all levels, both on a technical and creative basis
● Strong time management & organization skills
Desired Skills or Experience:
● Experience with Substance Designer/Painter a plus
● Experience in Unity a plus
● C++ experience a plus
● Mastery of more than one technical art domain: high-quality VFX, particle systems, advanced lighting systems, etc.
● VR experience a plus
● Worked on several published AAA titles
To apply for the role please visit our recruitment website address at [email protected].